BREAKING: Justices Rule That 2nd Amendment Also Governs State and Local Gun Laws

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 10th Amendment has not had much effect on Supreme Court rulings. Very few if any cases pled on a 10th Amendment basis win.

States rights' were curtailed by the post civil war amendments. The point of the 14th Amendment was, over time, to ensure that the people's fundamental rights were safeguarded not only from the central government, but also from the states. Personally, I think it's a good thing that no state can establish a state religion just like I think it's a good thing that no state can ban gun ownership. Hooray for this particular and suspicious loss of states rights. I don't want my state to have the right to ban guns.

You do realize that by incorporating through the Due Process clause that a state or local ban (or any restriction) could be upheld by the SCOTUS based on whether or not the court at that time considers what is being banned as traditional and fundamental to our scheme of ordered liberty?

For example, a ban on owning anything but muzzle-loaders and bolt-actions could be considered a reasonable restriction by the courts while citing Heller and McDonald...

Latest posts

Top Bottom