Bringing firearm to work consequences

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911DA

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most companies will fire you right then and there........

I carried a j frame smith for over 20 years in a medical manufacturing company while wearing dress clothes here in Oklahoma and no one ever guessed or questioned me. They were a typical snowflake company and upper management that was woke in the 80's........hell they didn't even want engineers carrying pocket knives.

Most people are oblivious to what is going on around them and don't ask don't tell will save you a lot of grief in the long run

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My last employer encouraged a guy in the machine shop that was building .22 rifles for his grand kids.
Master machinist that mimicked the Olympic styled rifles that had adjustable everything. The only thing he didn't build was the rifling within the barrels although he had machined the rifling in past builds. His concept of a progressive rifling didn't produce as he wanted, so he went back to barrel blanks like every other custom gun manufacturer builds. No issues of guns being on the property. Company policy said no, but it was widely ignored. I made a comment in one of our weekly safety meetings that I'd be more than happy to lead a Power Plant security reaction group if they would fund the training fees and ammo. Team supplying the weapons. Nobody knows the nooks and crannies of a power plant other than the employees that were there daily.
The contracted "security guy" in his tactical clothing totally rejected my suggestions saying the 6' barbed wire fence around 5000 acres was sufficient with an additional 8' fence around the immediate perimeter of the power plant would provide security. ( he was an employee of the fence company)
When I commented with a lot of scarcasm in my voice that that was nothing more than a 4 year old could defeat, I was asked to leave the meeting. Sounds like a biden crime family deal?
Why would someone be asked to leave a meeting when they were telling the truth?

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The contracted "security guy" in his tactical clothing totally rejected my suggestions saying the 6' barbed wire fence around 5000 acres was sufficient with an additional 8' fence around the immediate perimeter of the power plant would provide security. ( he was an employee of the fence company)
He's not a very good security guy if he assumes that the only people who would come hurt people in his workplace are outside attackers. What about disgruntled employees, angry ex-lovers, etc?

Darth-Vang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does it go on your record if your employer fires you for bringing in a firearm? Will it go on your record? Will it impact your future applications to getting hire on another job or career?

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My company is kosher with guns. I'm the only one who open carry's, but we've got at least half a dozen others who conceal carry.

What part of the state are you in, and what kind of work do you do? If you happen to be in Tulsa, and have any kind of carpentry experience, we're hiring...

Hit me up with a PM if interested....

Attachments

• IMG_20220602_044020171.jpg
    IMG_20220602_044020171.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it go on your record if your employer fires you for bringing in a firearm? Will it go on your record? Will it impact your future applications to getting hire on another job or career?
I do not werk in the human (cough cough) development department.
With that said, yes it goes on your “record”.
Here is where the definition of that word plays its part. If you are employed for uncle bob and his one shack outfit, there won’t be many folks other than auntie jennie with access to them on the paper forms in bobs den.
The larger organization you are affiliated with and the extent of how much they digitally enter their records and allow access to them the bigger your issue becomes.
Long answer should be there really is no such thing as an “employment record” other than what you put in your resume.
Without knowing your exact details a more precise answer is not possible. But your best off not having those details public anyways.

Side thought on workplace violence.
You get caught in it, evac to safety, take who you can. If caught, everything is a weapon.
Dennis, we had an active shooter drill cancelled at our little shop. Seems some maintenance folks got to talking about how it would be great practice to toss walkbehind forklifts off the 3rd floor mezz at the shooter stuck in the walkways below. (Their roughly 8000 lbs each and we have 6 up there plus all the other heavy items🤭)
That reminds me, pancakes fer breakfast!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom