Broke my left hand last night and other embarrassing things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught an early flight back and just got home. Not much to be done about it except my xrays tomorrow and the cast I won't be letting them put on. Ha.
Have had broken bones before. Just dig in and don't bump it. All is good
That kinda depends on whether it's a clean break or just a fracture.

Had a newborn heifer calf that its mother stepped on and broke one of its back legs. Clean/wiggly break. I set it and rigged a temporary "cast" with duct tape and sticks.

When I got time (about 3 days later), I caught the calf again (which its Brahma-cross momma strongly objected to), measured the leg, and made a proper cast out of PVC with ground-out openings for the ankle joint.

Took the PVC cast back to the farm, removed the temporary cast, and was amazed the leg had already set solid.

I put on the PVC cast with a lot of cotton/cloth padding (lol, and more duct tape) and left it on about 6-8 weeks. Never had any problems with her at all.

So if ya need a PVC/duct tape cast, I'm yer guy... :D

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well.... I took my wife to the clinic for a follow up mammogram; I’m a little worried about this. Waiting in the car, I noticed my hand swelling an turning blue....????? My wife came out and sees it and wants to know what happened. Nothing happened! Noting I can remember. Hey! Maybe I was abducted by aliens? I don’t think so because there wasn’t anybody around speaking no foreign lingo.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well.... I took my wife to the clinic for a follow up mammogram; I’m a little worried about this. Waiting in the car, I noticed my hand swelling an turning blue....????? My wife came out and sees it and wants to know what happened. Nothing happened! Noting I can remember. Hey! Maybe I was abducted by aliens? I don’t think so because there wasn’t anybody around speaking no foreign lingo.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'd be worried about a blood clot. As I understand it, lots of aspirin is good for those when they're fresh. A trip to the ER is probably better.

NOTE: I am not a doctor, lawyer, librarian, or anything similar... :drunk2:

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do note that you can be compelled to provide your fingerprint to law enforcement to unlock the phone; you cannot be forced to provide a passcode.

If you reboot an Android phone, the latest version will only accept the passcode for the first unlock after the reboot for just that reason.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do note that you can be compelled to provide your fingerprint to law enforcement to unlock the phone; you cannot be forced to provide a passcode.

If you reboot an Android phone, the latest version will only accept the passcode for the first unlock after the reboot for just that reason.

Seriously? I’m dumping the fingerprint tonight.
What’s the justification to allow one and not the other?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? I’m dumping the fingerprint tonight.
What’s the justification to allow one and not the other?
One is considered "testimonial," revealing something you know. The other is not testimonial, just an observation of something you are; it's the same argument used to justify handwriting samples, blood draws, etc.

For the record, I use the fingerprint, but I can disable it in about five seconds. I also use an app (I got mine from the ACLU) that runs a voice recorder and stores the recording remotely, out of the reach of law enforcement. Too many "malfunctions" when they can exercise control over the device.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Caught an early flight back and just got home. Not much to be done about it except my xrays tomorrow and the cast I won't be letting them put on. Ha.
Have had broken bones before. Just dig in and don't bump it. All is good

Ahem...

... with your propensity to suffer falls of all kinds, I'd suggest a full body cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom