Buck 110

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have schrade sharp finger and drop point that I have used for years Always did a fine job

Is that what they call these? One is a Schrade and one is a Schrade Walden.

IMG_8101.jpeg

RETOKSQUID

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th 110s followed by my 3rd Buck Lite, and my Father in laws 112.
IMG_20231003_222235453.jpg

IMG_20231003_222143047~2.jpg

The first I received as a Christmas gift when I was 11, the second I bought about five years ago, the third was a 30th anniversary gift from my wife, and the fourth I bought about a year ago to see if it would hold up to my expectations before getting more as gifts for family.

The Buck Lite is the only one out of three that I have left and is about 38 years old. Thought I had lost it as well, but found it in my scout box the other day. And the 112 was my father in laws daily carry after he retired.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Buck 110 when I roughnecked. Was given to me by an Aunt for HS graduation. I used it to open mud sacks and other various and sorted sundry tasks on the rig. I kept it in my top overall pocket. One day when we had tripped 21,000+ feet of pipe and we had the bit sitting on the floor to change out I leaned over and looked down the hole. Last time I saw my knife was when it entered the darkness.

I never had a gun rack in my truck, because I always believed that was a horrible idea. I remember seeing a really nice 9422 in a rack in a really nice F100 one day while leaving for lunch at a construction site. Both were in remarkable condition. When I came back from lunch I could see from a distance that the rifle was missing from the rack. As I got closer it became clear that the rifle wasn’t the only thing missing. The rear window was also gone. Anecdotal confirmation my suspicion about that being a horrible idea had been correct.

I never replaced the large folding knife. If I need a blade that large I carry a fixed blade on my belt, but I never leave home without a small folder in my pocket. I’ve been told there are 2 types of guys, those that carry a pocket knife and those that don’t. I don’t remember where I was or when but I do remember a lady walking up to me and saying, “you look like a pocket knife guy, can you cut this for me?” The conversation continued for maybe a minute or two as to why I looked like “a pocket knife guy”, to which she responded, “I know you’ve got a pocket knife, will you cut this for me, please”. It was short and unremarkable, but I still remember it happening.

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does the sheath really work like they state? And will keep it secure working outdoors?
I don't have those sheaths, but I do have two of the Buck 110 Autos. Those sheaths are really for the manual opening 110/112 bucks or Schrades. I knew somebody that had those type of sheaths they were only fair and eventually get cut up. I prefer the Buck sheaths for work.
image.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom