Bug out bag: What should you bring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am working on my BOB(s) still, but most of those items are not items but generic categories that can contain a variety of items, all of which are very important for long term survival. My main BOB(GGG backpack; almost complete) will have Food/Water, First Aid Kit, Fire Starter Kit, Handguns, Knives, Small Tools, & Radio/Comm/Nav gear. The other BOB(CC Sat-Com bag; getting it in the mail tomorrow) will contain extra clothes, sleeping gear, Long guns, & Ammunition. I am not too worried about weight because if I have to Bug out, I will almost assuredly not be alone...that being said neither will be all that heavy anyways, so I could carry both if need be(depending on how much ammo I want to bring).

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As long as you bring your wife you have all the ole bag you need, at least that is what I tell mine.
Then she hits me upside the head. :D

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is my plan to. But then I got to thinking...What if its a fire or flood or chemical spill. Sometimes you just have to unass an area in a hurry.

GreyWolf Prepper was talking about this on his site recently. Me? I plan to bug-in, but as he and you are saying that may not be an option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom