Bug out bag: What should you bring?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't plan to bug in but I do plan to avoid the mad rush of cattle fleeing the cities when all heck brakes loose. Stay off main highways n roads and have several routes to your b.o.l.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We don't love in the city for many reasons, and not leaving is one of the reasons. But we do have BOB's. Why, well for any reason we may need to get buy for a few days. We can carry the bags when traveling for business or pleasure...even day trips. Definitely take the BOB when when traveling during snowy weather.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This is my plan to. But then I got to thinking...What if its a fire or flood or chemical spill. Sometimes you just have to unass an area in a hurry.

That was my plan as well but I learned a valuable lesson when the Little Ax/Slaughterville wildfires got close.

Pack stuff in totes, load totes, then haul ass. Have a good plan, stay flexible and be prepared.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't worry too much about a localized emergency as I have places I could go short term.
I worry more about a large scale situation where I may be gone for months.

Latest posts

Top Bottom