Building a new reloading set up- Suggestions anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just used my buddy's 550b to reload some 9mm. It was okay. A little buggy but okay. His was doing some goofy stuff, like the shellplate screw kept tightening up and the primer bar was sticking. And I thought it was kind of lame that you have to spin the shell plate by hand on the 550. With all that I definitely wasn't able to meet the quota that people claim though. I did like 250 in 2 hours. I'm really thinking about the Hornady AP but I've heard they have their issues too. I just don't know. I do like that you can order a whole package through Eno's site. I wish there was something like that for the other progressive presses out there too.

The set screw needed to be tightened that holds the bolt through the center of the shell plate.

Use an old toothbrush to clean where the primer bar slides. A little primer crud or spilled powder will make it stick. If the primer bar keeps sticking take it out and clean with alcohol and you might use some dry graphite to lube it. Don't use any liquid lube.

Latest posts

Top Bottom