building my first AR-15 Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, it's pretty clear on it's intentions.

I'll agree with Shootin 4 Fun. "...assembled or otherwise produced from a weapon originally assembled or produced only as a rifle..." The "original" part of the statement appears to me to be the issue. A bare lower isn't originally produced as anything until the owner makes a decision. So, build the pistol first! Problem solved.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then he needs to "intend" to build it as a pistol FIRST.

I'll agree with Shootin 4 Fun. "...assembled or otherwise produced from a weapon originally assembled or produced only as a rifle..." The "original" part of the statement appears to me to be the issue. A bare lower isn't originally produced as anything until the owner makes a decision. So, build the pistol first! Problem solved.

Right, but if that bare lower is first built as a rifle it must remain a rifle. That is why I also said he should build it as a pistol first.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In the paragraph Dustin quoted it states that if the firearm is assembled ONLY as a rifle then it cannot become a pistol. The builder's intention is important.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you agree with him, but agree with what I say?

It seems to me that we are all saying almost the same thing.

A bare lower is neither a pistol or a rifle, it is an other. I am sure you agree with that.

If you build it as a rifle, it must remain a rifle. I am sure you agree with this also.

If your "intention" is to be able to go back and forth, you must build it as a pistol first. That is where S4F disagrees with you and I.

Latest posts

Top Bottom