Bumpfire stock has been released for AK47, 74 and Saiga shotgun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no attorney but I would think that if someone built a one-off replica of a product with no intent to profit from it that it would not be seen as copyright infringement. Dave didn't say he was going to setup a manufacturing facility and create bumpfire stocks by the boatload.

In the words of the great Paul Harvey:

....Page two.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How nice of you to eagerly tell me how willing you are to admit you would violate and infringe upon my patent that is now an asset of Fostech Outdoors Super Dave. How very dishonorable and despicable of you. I hope that someday you invent something, spend over $10,000.00 getting a patent, pour your heart and soul into it, have the BATFE shut you down without due process, go through two court cases where you sue the BATFE only to have liberal judges ignore the law, and after you redesign it to where it is still covered by the claims in your patent, to be approved once again by the BATFE, someone such as yourself tells you that they plan to infringe upon the patent and machine and weld up their own and that if your previous design was still available they would make one of those too. I hope you get to receive that same kind of dishonorable, despicable treatment from another person one day yourself. When you do your infringement of my patent now owned by Fostech Outdoors, be sure and post a picture or video of it here when you do so everyone here can see what you've done. I know Fostech Outdoors would be interested in seeing it.

Calm down buddy. He ain't selling your dreams. If I'm not mistaken he was complimenting you. Save the BS for slidefire, not consumers.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was talking about making one for myself, which requires no patent. Never said I wanted to make them and sell them.

You know, I used to feel bad for you, Bill. I thought you really got screwed over by the powers that be, but now I think maybe it was just karma.

Makes me think of this song:

If I do make one, I'll be sure to send you a video link to me exercising my right to do whatever the Hell I want to in this free country of ours.

That's like Kalashnikov being mad at me for bending my own AK receiver.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill Akins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't live in a city, I live in Pasco county. Fl
It would seem some people are unaware of U.S. patent law regarding infringement.
Here is the law straight from the U.S. patent office website and I include the link to the law at the U.S. patent website as well.

"35 U.S.C. 271 Infringement of patent.

(a) Except as otherwise provided in this title, whoever without authority makes, uses, offers to sell, or sells any patented invention, within the United States, or imports into the United States any patented invention during the term of the patent therefor, infringes the patent.

(b) Whoever actively induces infringement of a patent shall be liable as an infringer."

That also means anyone who encourages someone else to infringe upon a patent. Such as posting at a website telling how they made one for their selves and encouraging others to do the same would be actively inducing infringement.

And here's the link to patent infringement law from the U.S. patent office website so you can read it there also.

http://www.uspto.gov/web/offices/pac/mpep/documents/appxl_35_U_S_C_271.htm

As we all can see, whoever without authority (without licensing a patent) makes, uses, (makes or uses even for their own use, the law makes no distinction between making and using for one's own use or doing so to market it) is illegally infringing on a patent. I didn't make this up guys. This is the law.

I hope this clears up any misunderstanding some people may have who erroneously think it is legal for them for them to make and use something for their own use that is patented by someone else.

Super Dave, rather than erroneously posting that you can make one for your own use when the law clearly says that is illegal infringement of a patent, and then calling me names and posting videos designed to insult me, perhaps you might try reading the law instead.

Super Dave, whether you realize it or not, you insulted me in your post in this thread when you threatened to make for your own use, an illegal, patent infringing, copy of the springless Fostech Outdoors Bumpski stock (that is now covered under my patent since Fostech Outdoors purchased my patent) and further insulted me when you said if my former spring activated bumpfire stocks were still legal that you would make a copy of them too. Then you further insulted me again calling me names and posting videos designed to insult me. I hope after reading the law you as well as others here, realize this now and will stop with the insults and be informed of patent infringement law.

Last edited:

Bill Akins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a putz, this guy doesn't live in Oklahoma and is here advertising his product that he has licensed to another company. I was able to CNP into google some phrases from these posts and saw where he is spamming this crap on a bunch of other boards too.

I did not start this thread Kiyot. Peanut did. Are you saying that as a member I cannot respond to a thread started by someone else? Further, I do not have to live in Oklahoma to be a member here and I have been a member here for a year and two months. I am not advertising "MY" product because it is not "my" product. It is Fostech Outdoors product and I personally am not in the Fostech corporation. I just sold my patent to them. Finally what I post on other firearm forums is irrelevant.

Besides trying to cast dispersions upon me, your points were incorrect and irrelevant.

Bill Akins

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
END THREAD....

Its just gonna roll downhill from here.

This is Peanut's thread, and his, mine and others posts shouldn't be penalized by being locked because of the ignorance of the law and uncalled for insults of some members. If you were going to ask for the thread to be locked, that should have been done when members were posting ignorant of patent infringement law and being insulting. Not after I posted what the law says as well as posted links to the U.S. patent website regarding what the law is regarding patent infringement which should put an end to that ignorance of the law and insults by members here. Since I have posted that law, that should take care of the insults and ignorance of patent law exhibited by some members, and hopefully we won't have any more trouble at this thread and can stay on the subject matter track of the new Fostech Outdoors "Bumpski" bumpfire stock.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since I started this thread, I'll say if I wanted to make something I'd do whatever the heck i wanted to.
I'll personally never buy a bumpfire stock but find them fascinating. I can bump fire without some gadget stocks.
Bill, I'm sorry you got screwed on the first stock, but since then others have made bumpfire stocks.
It's an extremely simple design. Good luck with your ventures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom