Bumpfire stock has been released for AK47, 74 and Saiga shotgun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bill Akins said:
Thanks for that feedback Maverick21 and the supporting sentiment. I appreciate that very much, and I will "keep at it".

I spoke with the director of sales and marketing of Fostech Outdoors this evening. He told me that the AA2 bumpfire stock for the Ruger 10/22 will run somewhere in the neighborhood of $625.00 The reason for that is because Fostech is including a $289.00 (their cost) Kidd's trigger pack with each stock. The Kidd's trigger pack enables the trigger to have a very light trigger pull in ounces rather than pounds. This is necessary for consistent operation. Yes the stock can be operated without it and on a well used 10/22 of mine with a Volquartson hammer I installed, I have had good results with the new AA2 stock. But that is with a well worn in 10/22 that I have put the Volquartson hammer in and worked on the sear further myself to even lighten the trigger pull more.

So that is not indicative of most shooters stiff factory Ruger triggers which will probably not work as consistently without the Kidd's trigger pack and Fostech will not sell the AA2 stock without the Kidd's trigger pack because they don't want customers complaining that their stock is not consistent in operation because of that particular customer's terrible factory trigger pull. With the Kidd's trigger pack installed, it makes the stock as consistent as my excellent consistency old spring operated Akins Accelerators were. When you compare an $8000.00 Norrel 10/22 full auto trigger pack to $625.00 total for the AA2 bumpfire stock with the $289.00 Kidd's trigger pack included, the difference should be obvious.

Plus there will be a further savings for the customer over the long term due to the low cost of operating the AA2 stock with .22 LR ammo. And with the Kidd's trigger pack the AA2 operates consistently well with even the cheapest of .22 LR ammo. If the $625.00 price seems too expensive to some people, then it is not a product for them and hopefully instead of complaining about the price even though they have no intention of buying, they will simply remain silent and not buy one. Or they can go to the Mercedes dealership without any intention to buy and complain to the dealership that the cars cost too much.
Of course I'm not saying that is you Maverick21, but that does describe some people. The bottom line is that many people are simply not the market for a bumpfire stock. No doubt if they sold for $100.00 or even $50.00 someone would complain that they cost too much. So does full auto or a new Mercedes, but I don't complain about it, I just don't buy it. But there are those who do and will buy and they are the market. Not everyone owns a Mercedes just as not everyone owns full auto. But there are those who do. No matter what the complaints, there is no doubt that $625.00 is not really that much to pay for a SIMULATED full auto, semi-auto Ruger 10/22 bumpfire stock, that allows one to fire just as fast as a machine gun while it isn't a machine gun.

What you and fostech don't get is bump fire is not and shouldn't be compared to full auto, not only is 625 ridiculous for a 10/22. But 450 is ridiculous for your other options I hope you and fostech both go belly up for even trying to rape people like that

And when it's cheaper the pay a machinist to make a product than it is to buy, don't be suprised when people don't buy it.

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What you and fostech don't get is bump fire is not and shouldn't be compared to full auto, not only is 625 ridiculous for a 10/22. But 450 is ridiculous for your other options I hope you and fostech both go belly up for even trying to rape people like that

And when it's cheaper the pay a machinist to make a product than it is to buy, don't be suprised when people don't buy it.

Indeed, $625 for a 10/22 is outrageous even if it has to have a $289 trigger pack to make it work(as well as more work on hammer and sear, etc..) Lots of R&D compensation in there I suppose.
But, I do see wealthier groups people buying stuff like that who are unaware of how easy it is to legally own transferable autos...a fool and his money...

Last edited:

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen to these devices in the years to come. With that kind of risk I would think the price should be drastically lower. Or maybe that's another reason for the high price...make lots of money now before you can no longer sell.

Could you imagine how much money one would make it (if it were possible) to make an cheap working bumpstock say around $20-$40. Wow. I bet people would buy multiple stocks for their rifles and such.

Just a thought...

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen to these devices in the years to come. With that kind of risk I would think the price should be drastically lower. Or maybe that's another reason for the high price...make lots of money now before you can no longer sell.

Could you imagine how much money one would make it (if it were possible) to make an cheap working bumpstock say around $20-$40. Wow. I bet people would buy multiple stocks for their rifles and such.

Just a thought...

No way I'd pay $20 for a 10/22 stock.

I wouldn't even stop to look at it. About $100 is the minimum I've seen for a stock worth paying for, and one could easily spend $2-300 + for a 10/22 stock. If the AA2 is a high quality stock to begin with, add the $300 for the Kidd trigger pack, and your not paying much more than stock + trigger to get the Bump Fire feature.

Not saying I'd spend $625 for a 10/22 bumpfire stock, but I just couldn't leave the $20-40 comment alone.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at the slide fire, that's just a chunk of plastic and the price is ridiculous I bought a whole plastic stock for an SKS for $40 and people wonder why china gets our business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom