Bumpfire stock has been released for AK47, 74 and Saiga shotgun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got this in the mail over at the Saiga 12 forum...

Super Dave.

You have posted at both this site and at the Oklahoma shooters website concerning your intention to infringe upon my former patent that is now owned by Fostech Outdoors corporation. I have posted the law concerning patent infringement at the Oklahoma shooters thread that you posted in and you are now aware that if you make even one infringing copy for you own use of a stock that is covered by my former and now owned by Fostech Outdoors patent, that you are guilty of illegal patent infringement. I have informed Fostech Outdoors of your intentions and they are aware of you and you have their attention. If you post pictures or videos of any stocks you build that infringe upon the patent, you may get more attention than you or your finances will want. I suggest you cease with your posting threats to infringe upon the patent. Fostech Outdoors does have a major patent law firm who is currently looking into illegal infringers of the patent who will have action taken against them in the near future. I doubt you would enjoy being one of them with the attendant attorney costs for you to defend yourself plus the financial consequences to your finances if you lose, which you would. I am not trying to threaten you nor bluff you. I am serious. Proceed at your own discretion and or peril.

They deleted the thread. He is most unpleasant. Just an angry old man.

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got this in the mail over at the Saiga 12 forum...

Super Dave.

You have posted at both this site and at the Oklahoma shooters website concerning your intention to infringe upon my former patent that is now owned by Fostech Outdoors corporation. I have posted the law concerning patent infringement at the Oklahoma shooters thread that you posted in and you are now aware that if you make even one infringing copy for you own use of a stock that is covered by my former and now owned by Fostech Outdoors patent, that you are guilty of illegal patent infringement. I have informed Fostech Outdoors of your intentions and they are aware of you and you have their attention. If you post pictures or videos of any stocks you build that infringe upon the patent, you may get more attention than you or your finances will want. I suggest you cease with your posting threats to infringe upon the patent. Fostech Outdoors does have a major patent law firm who is currently looking into illegal infringers of the patent who will have action taken against them in the near future. I doubt you would enjoy being one of them with the attendant attorney costs for you to defend yourself plus the financial consequences to your finances if you lose, which you would. I am not trying to threaten you nor bluff you. I am serious. Proceed at your own discretion and or peril.

They deleted the thread. He is most unpleasant. Just an angry old man.

im not saying you should do it buuuut................Do it!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I've definitely determined by reading the posts on this forum, the Saiga forum, and the GunsNet forum: I'd never buy one of these ridiculous intellectual-property-of-Bill Askins-owned-and-manufactured-and-marketed-by-world-famous-Fostech Outdoors (drink now) stocks. I simply couldn't care less and it looks like the dude is doing a stellar job of taking a dump where he eats.

A $600 some odd dollar 10/22 stock? Nothing like spending 3 times the cost of the rifle for a gimmick. Well, I gotta run. I'm headed out to install a $30k set of wheels on a $10k vehicle. Man, I'm gonna be cool.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I am going to file for a copyright for the name "Bill Akins." Then, I could tell him what to do. I'd own him... AND a copyright is much cheaper than a patent.

We'd start by him cleaning toilets with his toothbrush (a classic), then maybe adult films? I wonder if he likes fat, oily men?

I don't want to be in peril!!! Must resist making stock....... Must resist making a video tu tu tutorial.....

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder what will happen to these devices in the years to come. With that kind of risk I would think the price should be drastically lower. Or maybe that's another reason for the high price...make lots of money now before you can no longer sell.

Could you imagine how much money one would make it (if it were possible) to make an cheap working bumpstock say around $20-$40. Wow. I bet people would buy multiple stocks for their rifles and such.

Just a thought...

I don't know about $20 to $40, but I bet a guy could make a metal one for $100 to $150, counting what he'd have to pay the machinist/fab guy. I imagine the materials would be in the $20 to $40 range though. After a machinist/fab guy had made a few, I'm sure it would only take two to three hours to build one (that was pretty).

I bet the Fostech one fits together a lot tighter than the Slidefire one, sloppy movement wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom