Burning Man festival..Aug29th-Sept 5th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its just all about art and people coming together with a common cause. Not a bunch of hippies- thats who was making up the fest in its beginnings in the bay area. Now that its moved out to the desert and gotten really big its changed some, but still the same reason. The festival started out as a small thing down on the beach on a Saturday night and now has grown to what it is today, a small city of 50,000 plus people coming together thru art and expression of art, which includes music and other forms of art- including the weirdly decorated vehicles to get around the site on since large vehicles are not allowed. A festival that is nothing at all like Bonnaroo, Coachilla, Lollapalooza, Woodstock, etcetc. This isnt about anything but art and expression of the art and burning of the art on Saturday night in a safe and imprint free way. Its weird that over 50,000 people can show up for such an event and after its over you cant tell theyve even been there. People are even asked to carry their water away with them. Totally a positive and uplifting experience. Not a drug fueled hippie get together. Sure, alot of people there smoke marijuana, take hallucigenics, etc. And the police are out there giving tickets and busting the roudier people who dont know what its all supposed to be about. But if you dont live in California or have never been there then you wouldnt know anyways about the lax attitude to pot use there these days, regardless if its not legal for recreation yet and is supposed to just be for medicinal purposes- which it is so easy to get it for almost anything these days. But the fest still is not about any of that even if its there. Its about art,period. Not some spiritual or pagan ritual. Ive been a professional musician and artist for 20 years and make a good living at both- this festival though is just a chance to create some art that is beautiful and full of expression and then burn it when done. Nothing more.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ummm.....

I don't know anything about the rest of it but I'm always up for sitting around the fire and having a beer.

Well, I no longer drink alcohol but I could prolly get laid black-n-blue out there.
Hippie chicks are simply unscrupulous...
:yelclap:

Latest posts

Top Bottom