Burris Tac30?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a Burris Tac30 on my AR. Wanting a 1-4x and the Tac30 with FastFire and Pepr mount from Bass Pro at $499 is right in my budget. Not sure I would keep the fast fire on or not. What say you? Anybody have hands on with this scope?

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's a 1-4, skip the fast fire. Buddy of mine has one, I tried it and liked it. I bought one and like the hell out of it. It's only $299 from MidwayUSA.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IDK much about the Burris but I was looking for some magnification on my AR and went with a vortex 2.5-10x. Just looking at it on 5x, I am really glad I went with higher magnification. Haven't shot a lot with it but long distance shots are much improved. Just something to consider.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thinking about putting a Burris Tac30 on my AR. Wanting a 1-4x and the Tac30 with FastFire and Pepr mount from Bass Pro at $499 is right in my budget. Not sure I would keep the fast fire on or not. What say you? Anybody have hands on with this scope?

I live in Ada as well, and you can check out my 1-4x PST and 2.5-10x PST if you would like. I agree with Hump though. I would skip the fastfire and just get the burris.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a TAC30 and absolutely love it. It has nice clear Philipine glass, daylight visible illumination, and at least in my experience has been very tough and has held up well to field use, exposure to moisture, getting beat around, etc. the BDC reticle has been real close for either 147 grain .308, or 55 and 62 grain 5.56, and you can range with the little crosshairs. Would I buy it again? Absolutely, and I am probably going to buy another when I build my next AR. I would also skip the FF... that's what the 1x setting is for!

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a TAC30 and absolutely love it. It has nice clear Philipine glass, daylight visible illumination, and at least in my experience has been very tough and has held up well to field use, exposure to moisture, getting beat around, etc. the BDC reticle has been real close for either 147 grain .308, or 55 and 62 grain 5.56, and you can range with the little crosshairs. Would I buy it again? Absolutely, and I am probably going to buy another when I build my next AR. I would also skip the FF... that's what the 1x setting is for!

I agree on skipping the FF. Another thing to mention. On most 1 to whatever power scopes, the reticle is too small for real use on the FFP models. The only exception I have found is the SS scope with the donut reticle. It's a great FFP design. On anything for long range stuff or higher powers then 1 to whatever, I prefer FFP. On most of the 1-4 or 1-6 powers, I like the SFP. YMMV.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about the TAC-30, but do have a MTAC on one of my AR's. There's a lot to like about it, just don't forget to turn it off when you're through using it or you end up with a dead battery. The MTAC is still somewhat usable even when the battery's dead. I would think the TAC-30 would be also.

I'd skip the Fastfire option too, at 1X the scope seems like it would work just fine for close range needs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom