Burris Tac30?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live in Ada as well, and you can check out my 1-4x PST and 2.5-10x PST if you would like. I agree with Hump though. I would skip the fastfire and just get the burris.

How do you like the 1-4x PST? Which reticle did you go with. I am about to place my order with the pro-staff site for one.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know about the TAC-30, but do have a MTAC on one of my AR's. There's a lot to like about it, just don't forget to turn it off when you're through using it or you end up with a dead battery. The MTAC is still somewhat usable even when the battery's dead. I would think the TAC-30 would be also.

I'd skip the Fastfire option too, at 1X the scope seems like it would work just fine for close range needs.

Why is it unusable with a dead battery? Doesn't it have an etched reticle?

What's the difference between the Tac30 and Mtac?

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why is it unusable with a dead battery? Doesn't it have an etched reticle?

What's the difference between the Tac30 and Mtac?

I thought I said it was usable with a dead battery, maybe I didn't phrase it properly. The reticle is tougher to see, but it is still there. That's one of the things I like about it. I think the TAC-30 could be still be used as well.

I'm used to my Eotechs shutting down automatically if I forget to. I forget to turn off the Burris quite regularly. Guess that happens when senility starts to set in.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The TAC30 and MTAC are the same scope except for the power adjustment and the illumination adjustment. The TAC30 adjusts power by twisting the whole ocular housing, and adjusts illumination with a push button, with 2 hour auto shut-off. The MTAC adjusts power by twisting a power ring, and has a rotary rheostat for illumination adjustment.

They both have a standard glass-etched reticle that is completely usable without illumination, just like any other scope. I mostly use mine non-illuminated, though illumination is nice for low light. I have skateboard tape wrapped around the ocular housing of my TAC30, and it adjusts between 1x and 4x very quickly and easily.

When I was shopping and trying out different scopes, I found the TAC30's glass to be the equal of the Vortex Viper PST. They both have Philippine glass that is a major cut above the Chinese glass that Primary Arms and others use. I liked the reticle and illumination better on the Burris and plus it was a couple hundred cheaper, so that's what I went with. I'm glad I did.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought I said it was usable with a dead battery, maybe I didn't phrase it properly. The reticle is tougher to see, but it is still there. That's one of the things I like about it. I think the TAC-30 could be still be used as well.

I'm used to my Eotechs shutting down automatically if I forget to. I forget to turn off the Burris quite regularly. Guess that happens when senility starts to set in.

May bad...you did say it was usable. I just misread it last night.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you like the 1-4x PST? Which reticle did you go with. I am about to place my order with the pro-staff site for one.

I love it. Low weight and a quality scope. It's not daylight bright. I went with the SFP with capped turrets which meant I had to go MOA. I prefer mil but I wanted the capped turrets. I just went on a predator hunt today it worked great in this role. It's actually my "do-everything" scope for low to mid range. It's definitely the best bang for your buck IMO.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The TAC30 and MTAC are the same scope except for the power adjustment and the illumination adjustment. The TAC30 adjusts power by twisting the whole ocular housing, and adjusts illumination with a push button, with 2 hour auto shut-off. The MTAC adjusts power by twisting a power ring, and has a rotary rheostat for illumination adjustment.

They both have a standard glass-etched reticle that is completely usable without illumination, just like any other scope. I mostly use mine non-illuminated, though illumination is nice for low light. I have skateboard tape wrapped around the ocular housing of my TAC30, and it adjusts between 1x and 4x very quickly and easily.

When I was shopping and trying out different scopes, I found the TAC30's glass to be the equal of the Vortex Viper PST. They both have Philippine glass that is a major cut above the Chinese glass that Primary Arms and others use. I liked the reticle and illumination better on the Burris and plus it was a couple hundred cheaper, so that's what I went with. I'm glad I did.

Thanks for the info. If I read it right, the Mtac's power adjustment is like the Vortex Viper PST where you turn the ring and it adjusts the brightness?

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love it. Low weight and a quality scope. It's not daylight bright. I went with the SFP with capped turrets which meant I had to go MOA. I prefer mil but I wanted the capped turrets. I just went on a predator hunt today it worked great in this role. It's actually my "do-everything" scope for low to mid range. It's definitely the best bang for your buck IMO.

Yer makin me want one....

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Good to hear. I think I am leaning towards mil with zero stop turrets but not sure how often I would make adjustments.

Yer makin me want one....

PM sent.

Latest posts

Top Bottom