Burris Tac30?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier I received the scope but I never received the correct mount. The original mount was never delivered (not Optic Planet's fault as USPS states it was delivered) but on the replacement they sent the 1" rather than the 30mm mount. Due to all the complications, it's quicker for me to return the entire package rather than sending the 1" mount back to them and having to wait for them to receive and process it before mailing back the correct one. Which works out because I really didn't care for the power/brightness button on the Tac 30.

So now I'm looking at the Mtac, Vortex or XTR.

Anyone have any experience with the Burris XTR?

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I mentioned earlier I received the scope but I never received the correct mount. The original mount was never delivered (not Optic Planet's fault as USPS states it was delivered) but on the replacement they sent the 1" rather than the 30mm mount. Due to all the complications, it's quicker for me to return the entire package rather than sending the 1" mount back to them and having to wait for them to receive and process it before mailing back the correct one. Which works out because I really didn't care for the power/brightness button on the Tac 30.

So now I'm looking at the Mtac, Vortex or XTR.

Anyone have any experience with the Burris XTR?

XTR was the first 1-4x I owned. Traded a glock for it. It's a great optic. Clear glass, awesome reticle. I just don't know if it's $200 better then the PST. You really can't go wrong with either optic.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
XTR was the first 1-4x I owned. Traded a glock for it. It's a great optic. Clear glass, awesome reticle. I just don't know if it's $200 better then the PST. You really can't go wrong with either optic.

I have a 2.5-10x PST on my .308 and love it. I ordered the XTR which comes a PEPR mount and Fastfire II for $600. I figured I'd either use the Fastfire on a SBR I'm going to build or just sell it. Only bad thing is that it's on back order until May.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 2.5-10x PST on my .308 and love it. I ordered the XTR which comes a PEPR mount and Fastfire II for $600. I figured I'd either use the Fastfire on a SBR I'm going to build or just sell it. Only bad thing is that it's on back order until May.

I also have the 2.5-10x PST on my 308. Great choice. The fast fire is pretty small. It would work great on a pistol.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I also have the 2.5-10x PST on my 308. Great choice. The fast fire is pretty small. It would work great on a pistol.

I've never seen the Fastfire in person, so I didn't realize how small it was. Mounting it on an AR may not be an option. With it being on back order until May, I have a little time to look at one in person and decide.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen the Fastfire in person, so I didn't realize how small it was. Mounting it on an AR may not be an option. With it being on back order until May, I have a little time to look at one in person and decide.

You might find it to be adequate in size for an AR. It's a little bit smaller than the RMR if you have seen one of those. As a primary optic, I think it would be great on a pistol, or one of those pistol carbines. I've seen people run it on a shotgun as well. I think primarily things that have a low sight profile. Now that I'm thinking about it, I previously did some homework on this and found that the glass surface space of the RMR and the Aimpoint T1 to be VERY close in dimension. I'll see if I can find the information.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still torn. Now I can't decide between the MTAC and the Vortex.

Optical quality is pretty much a wash... it mostly comes down to which reticle you prefer. If you want BDC, go Burris. If you want mil or MOA, go Vortex. The Burris is geared slightly more toward close and fast work, while bathe Vortex is geared slightly more toward longer range precision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom