Buying first pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KrashKing405

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Home defense and range use. Around here it will 99.99999% be range use. I am lucky to live in a good area, small[ish] town. I don't even feel bad about leaving my back door unlocked and open [3 dogs w/ doggie door].

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KrashKing405 said:
Home defense and range use. Around here it will 99.99999% be range use. I am lucky to live in a good area, small[ish] town. I don't even feel bad about leaving my back door unlocked and open [3 dogs w/ doggie door].

Here is part of your problem. You are looking at the gun as a range toy as that is what you are going to be using it for 99% of the time. Every gun I own is 99% range toy. None of my guns have been fired at another human being. In the event I convert a carry gun or HD gun to a fighting pistol I will be glad I know it's high quality.

If you planned to shoot it at the range 100% of the time I'd say buy a $50 gun if it tickled your fancy. It's that .0001% of the time god forbid that day comes you are going to be glad you don't have some Saturday night special.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really get what the .00001% home defense and 99.99999% range gun means, unless you plan on having it loaded at home VERY sparingly. All my guns are weekend range warriors but they are also loaded at home which makes them FULL TIME home defense weapons as well.

From what I gathered we (you and I) buy guns mainly for range enjoyment but it doesn't hurt to have them laying around the house at the ready either. Just because you anticipate the chance of the gun being used to protect your home to be very slim odds, the guns will still be ready to perform 100% of the time.

(If my take on the situation is inaccurate I apologize)

Latest posts

Top Bottom