Buying Silver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Silver is a great commodity to own, but it's price, like gold, is reflective of the amount of fiat currency in circulation. I haven't looked at it's dollar value as of late but I would imagine it's in the neighborhood of $40 an oz. There has been speculation that it might go much higher, we'll see. I don't really expect it to go lower, not for quite a while, anyway. I think it would be wise to invest, I have invested in quite a bit myself. I would advise you to contact Tom at Norman Gold and Diamond, he'll get you the best deal available.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When CME group raised margins a few weeks ago it pushed silver down pretty hard, but it stopped at around $37/ounce. Seems to be stuck in the $40-$44 range and September is traditionally a good month in metals. I think there are worse investments.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not really wanting to invest heavily mainly just buying junk silver coins when the price is right.

I don't think you can go wrong with that approach. I've been touting silver on here for like a year. I also look for it to take another big jump after QE3, which is coming fairly soon. Helicopter Ben can't help himself.

Last edited:

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was talking to my realtor the other day and he wants to sell some silver coins to fund a rifle purchase. What reputable OKC silver dealers would you guys suggest?

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ebay will get you market price and I think that the silver to gold ratio is out of whack and either gold has to come down (not likely) or silver must go up.

(I have not stayed at a Holiday Inn in over a year)

Beerzerker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had no idea it was so expensive! I made a treasure chest when I was young, and it had in it a 10oz pure silver ingot that my father gave me.... still burried in my parents back yard. too bad they sold the house last year :blush:

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had no idea it was so expensive! I made a treasure chest when I was young, and it had in it a 10oz pure silver ingot that my father gave me.... still burried in my parents back yard. too bad they sold the house last year :blush:

I think a late night rendevous might be in order!

Latest posts

Top Bottom