Buying TV from amazon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always been pleased with buying from amazon but I have never bought a big ticket item from them. I am curious if anyone in the OSA community has purchased a large TV from them and what was their experience. Would you do it again? Is it worth the hassle to save a couple hundred bucks? Not a fan of Best Buy and their isn't many places that sell panasonic plasmas other than them.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
just make sure they pack it well. A lot of stores will just stick a label on the box and send it out.

I got one from the circuit city web site and picked it up at their store when they were still in business here. The tv's are shipped in bulk, on a pallet.

Bravo 3

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 54" Panasonic plasma 1080 HD for just over $1200 with free delivery and no problems.I will let you know the prices can change drastically even in the same day! When I was first was looking at buying it one morning for $1350 and decided to go ahead the price had gone to $1800! I looked a couple of weeks later and it was $1200 so I bought it with free delivery......go figure? Just be sure you are buying the model you want because there a lot that look the same by the same maker but different features.Hope this was of help.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 52" Plasma from Amazon.
Free shipping and a great deal.
I was worried I would get a damaged unit.
The packing/shipping was the best I've ever seen!
There wasn't a scratch on the box.
The guy who delivered the unit unpacked it, set it up, checked everything.
I couldn't have done as well if I delivered it myself.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 50" DLP from them back in 2007 and it's still running strong today. I paid several hundred less than I would have at Best Buy and I got a more premium model than the best DLP they had at the time.

The packing was insane. It was a well-padded box and not a scratch on it.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like amazon is pretty good at taking care of their customers. I know exactly which TV I want (Panasonic 60-ST30) and I have noticed the price fluctuations. A couple days ago the TV was down to 1,509 and just now it is back up to 1,596. About a month ago it was 1,660. Think I will wait and get it on the next down swing. The same TV in Best Buy is bringing 1,700. I don't see Amazon getting much higher as they have always blown BB out of the water on price. Just weird how it varies from day to day.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just remember that unless it's coming directly from Amazon, your milage may vary. I can say this because I am in fact an Amazon marketplace featured seller. If you choose one of the marketplace sellers, you have no guarantee on what you will get. The good news however is that Amazon does enforce a very good return policy for ensuring customer satisfaction. If you have an issue and you document it well, then you can and will get your money back. Besides that, if you use a credit card then you have other methods of recourse and insurance usually as well.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 52" LG flat screen from Amazon about two years ago; great delivery service including bringing it in and setting it up - except it died three days later. I called Amazon; they couldn't have been better and immediately sent a new replacement LG which is still working perfectly. The same delivery guy brought the second TV and packaged up and hauled off the dead one; he said that was the first replacement he'd delivered from Amazon but he had nothing but good things to say about them.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 52" LG flat screen from Amazon about two years ago; great delivery service including bringing it in and setting it up - except it died three days later. I called Amazon; they couldn't have been better and immediately sent a new replacement LG which is still working perfectly. The same delivery guy brought the second TV and packaged up and hauled off the dead one; he said that was the first replacement he'd delivered from Amazon but he had nothing but good things to say about them.

Your name is making me hungry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom