Buying TV from amazon.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't forget you own state taxes on all big ticket items purchased online. Get caught not paying them and you could end up paying a lot more for that good deal on a TV online.

But isn't the "use tax" like 5%? Still a better deal than higher price + sales tax.

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They're free at the movie theater.

Wrong glasses. The theater glasses only work on LG 3DTVs, maybe some Vizios. But I'd take the deal, farmer. Just be aware the Panasonic, although it has arguably the best looking 3D, also has the most expensive glasses. If you can find a Samsung D6500 anywhere for less than $1800, it's a better TV.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE:

First TV had a shattered screen. Called up Amazon, sent a replacement the next week. No questions or hassle at all. Got the second one last weekend and it is awesome. Would not hesitate to buy anything from Amazon. Extremely customer friendly company. Every time I called, I got a human that was very helpful and even when we were disconnected, they called me back. Could not have been better (except for the shipper killing the first TV).

Amazon = :thumbup3:

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

I think Amazon has free shipping BOTH ways on many flat screen TV's, that is how hard they want to get in on the flat screen market I guess. No chance to go wrong if they are willing to pay return shipping if you don't like it.

Good luck,

Alan

Latest posts

Top Bottom