C-130 fuselage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sharkbait

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My one experience with one of those pigs was a loooong recon flight over the Bering Sea, they were dropping me and another guy off at Dutch Harbor on the way back, it is a bad sign when you are boarding an aircraft and the flightcrew gives you earplugs and parkas. Six months after 10hrs in a web seat that same aircraft had a catastrophic engine failure and when the starboard inboard prop came apart it tore a 8' hole in the fuselage where we had been sitting, the plane flew back to Kodiak and made a perfect landing.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My one experience with one of those pigs was a loooong recon flight over the Bering Sea, they were dropping me and another guy off at Dutch Harbor on the way back, it is a bad sign when you are boarding an aircraft and the flightcrew gives you earplugs and parkas. Six months after 10hrs in a web seat that same aircraft had a catastrophic engine failure and when the starboard inboard prop came apart it tore a 8' hole in the fuselage where we had been sitting, the plane flew back to Kodiak and made a perfect landing.
Doesn't surprise me a bit. I've made many structural parts for the C130. They are built like tanks. And they are built by Lockheed. They sure know how to build a good airplane.

arenathlete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sub-contrtr told me these c130s had just come from active-duty, stipped in AZ and the first trainer is headed to a field in FL, second one to CA.

Those seats look terrible for a lengthy flight.

alh3.ggpht.com__rrL5GiFRr8I_S0dOhW5epUI_AAAAAAAACXg_obQjDxyRivk_s800_photo.jpg

How much can they stick into one of these?
alh4.ggpht.com__rrL5GiFRr8I_S0dPU5EpGPI_AAAAAAAACYA_uuJwhEv2HZM_s800_photo.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom