Can you shoot on your own property around Norman, Ok

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, you must go out west at least to Union city.

J/K, but as I mentioned earlier do your neighbors a favor and look on google earth or maapquest and make sure there aren't a bunch of home behind the trees you'll surely be shooting at. Hey you'd be surprised how dumb some folks can be.

frankos72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually you CAN shoot inside Norman city limits of it is zoned agriculture. I have family that lives inside Norman less than 2 miles from the new detention center and we shoot and hunt the all the time.

Same rules DO NOT spply to Moore. It's against the law to shoot even a bb/pellet gun here regardless of zoning.

EDIT: it must be A2 in Norman. A1 is not legal.

Last edited:

calixt0

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up from everyone. If we find someplace that fits our requirements I will be building backstops mounds with a backhoe or bobcat. I totally understand the being safe. We have friends who live in the county where Norman is and will be helping us find places that fit our requirements. (just a heads up) We're talking about moving but are not the stupid liberal jerks that move and expect the worlds to revolve around us. WE are moving because after 40 years we are tired of living in the land of fruits and nuts and want some sane people...

Hopefully we will be living there in the next 6 months or so.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Welcome. I live both places- youre definitely going to feel alot saner in Oklahoma. And your money will go a long way further in Oklahoma. I grew up in southern California but moved to the bay area after highschool to go to school then I moved up to northern California after art school to live on family owned property where I eventually built a small Aframe cabin. I now burn up I-35 and I-80 going back and forth between Oklahoma, Iowa and California to work in several small businesses I co-own with partners, to play music, and to maintain our properties in NorCal and Iowa.

I'm in Oklahoma as much as I can be and have enjoyed every moment here. We bought a place on the outskirts of a small bedroom community near a big city, so I'm just 15 minutes from civilization when I need it and my wife just has a short commute to her office. Its her corporate officer job in a small family run oil business that is the main reason we are here, but she is a native Tulsan and even when she retires we are going to be staying here and just go back and forth between the farm in Oklahoma and the little house up on the mountain in northern California. I love it at both places. Just like up at my other place I have a small backstop built up here where I shoot at in the afternoons. I am not near any close neighbors or any residential developments so I havent got a visit from the county deputy yet and Ive been here almost 10 years. Good luck with it all and have fun.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own 80 acres near Medford in Grant County, and I shoot there whenever I want to. No complaints from the neighbors so far, and I have owned the place for nearly fifteen years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom