Car problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d say a 08 Buick Enclave with 212k miles on it, doesn’t owe you a dime! Good shop or Raiator Shop can test your coolant for you for carbons . You can look at the bottom of your oil filler cap for milkyness. Also is there oily substance in the reservoir? You find any of that it will tell you where the gasket is leaking.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lord I hope not. I’m screwed if it’s that. I barely make it as it is. I don’t have the money to fix something like that. Unless I could do it myself.
If it’s the head gasket, just swap in a salvage engine. Can DIY it with a harbor freight engine hoist and basic mechanic tools. It’s a PITA, but doable for well under $1,000 if ya DIY

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d say a 08 Buick Enclave with 212k miles on it, doesn’t owe you a dime! Good shop or Raiator Shop can test your coolant for you for carbons . You can look at the bottom of your oil filler cap for milkyness. Also is there oily substance in the reservoir? You find any of that it will tell you where the gasket is leaking.
There used to be some yellow milky substance on the oil cap but it hasn’t been that way in over a year. I haven’t noticed anything in the reservoir.

sklfco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much road debris/dead bugs/birds/crossing guards are stuck in the front of the a/c condenser?
Might be as simple as washing out the cores with a garden hose in your driveway, it’s cheap to try.

As for testing for carbon in the cooling system, this also can be done at home.
I have used this kit to find exhaust gasses in cooling systems for years.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7001006

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom