Carrygun Match at Heartland January 16th

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AHHHHHHHHHH, in that case your idea is great.... here is a suggestion that has nothing to do with the question you asked (just an idea for a different type of stage). Since you are supposed to find cover (if possible) and then engage, we could have "cover" something like a large box, or wall (blue trap), you could start the time, have someone run to cover, draw and then engage.... just a suggestion...

3 targets, 1 box each at 15, 10, and 7 yards. Your choice of target but freestyle from box a, strong hand only from box b, and weak hand only from box c. 6 shots on each target, 5 for snubby.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the idea. Since this match runs so smooth and fast I wouldn't be opposed to the skills test being 12 rounds or less even to keep it short. We could then run it while scores are being tallied. I can keep a separate historical score sheet on the skills test so everyone can track their progress. We gotta shoot El Prez or Vice Prez on principle alone.

David E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In various discussions, a couple possibilities occurred to me that we could shoot the regular match, then, for another $7-8, we could shoot 4-6 "Skill Tests" The results of these would be separate and apart from the match. Part of what the extra money would buy you is a notebook that would have a sheet of the Skill Test, date and results. This would allow you to keep track of your progress when you do any given Skill Test stage again.

Perhaps we could do this once per quarter.

Or, we have the entire match consist of 5-7 Skill Test stages. No notebook, no extra fee.

Or, we do it as I originally posted, doing one Skill Test stage per match for 6 months, none to be repeated again for 6 months.

I'm open, folks, so let me know what you like best.

Latest posts

Top Bottom