Caterpillars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
63379EB0-6C90-4B66-AA0D-852AD1FC3285.jpeg

Any idea if this type is a problem? We seem to have these scattered around the yard on plants and landscaping, everywhere.

After the army worms last year I’m a little nervous.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like an Eastern Tent Caterpillar

That what I was thinking. Otherwise known at web worms? Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t like using pesticides if I can help it but web worms can make your trees look terrible. I’m sure there is a non toxic option like dish soap or something

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh great, I hate those things. We had a bunch of those last year. They were all down our road. Our windshield would be covered by the time we got home.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
Kill them all. They will defoliate a tree in a short time. We rip their little terrorist tents apart and spray them with Sevin. I step on every single one. It's best to get them when they are all hanging out in the big top when they're small tho.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
The safest and most effective method of what to do about webworms is as follows: Prune the tree in the spring and spray with a lime-sulfur and dormant oil spray. As buds begin to break, follow up your webworm treatment by spraying Sevin or Malathion and repeat in 10 days.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That what I was thinking. Otherwise known at web worms? Someone correct me if I’m wrong. I don’t like using pesticides if I can help it but web worms can make your trees look terrible. I’m sure there is a non toxic option like dish soap or something

Grandpa always used dish detergent and water --- said it caused them to s*** their brains outs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom