Catfishing experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oklahomabassin - Yes. I am a board member of the Oklahoma Youth Hunting and Shooting Program. Our mission is to take children who want to hunt but their parents are not able to provide the opportunity, on their first deer hunt. We have ranches that donate their land for our use on the Special Youth hunt in mid October, just before black powder season. We supply everything the child needs. An adult guardian MUST accompany the child on the hunt. The hunt is just for the child. Typically the kids harvest does which is a trophy for these boys and girls. If you have an interested in being a volunteer in our organization then send me a PM and I will fill in the details. It is truly amazing how these children change in 2-3 days of concentrated attention. Several guardians tear up at the Saturday night campfire every year.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally got my jugs out this evening to do a little experimenting of my own. Set 18 jugs, 2 hooks each, on the Kiamichi here behind the house. This evening I used all garlic wienies as mentioned earlier in this thread. Jugs are all in about 10-15 FOW on the backside of a big rock shoal. Plans are to run them for a night or two with wienies, then switch to live bait, then cut bait. Thanks to a hell raising Memorial Day party by the cattle, three of my perch traps got riverdanced on, so I am down to only two traps. Hoping to get enough perch and bullheads the next night or two to have a full run of live bait to target some flatheads. Not expecting anything but blues or channels tonight, maybe a gar or two. One ol boy has caught a 32 and a 50 lb flathead this week bout 2 miles up river, so I know they're there and biting. I'll run jugs in the morn and post results.

And no, unless I see some of you sumbitches down here seigning bait or baiting hooks, there ain't gonna be no fish fry so don't ask! ;)

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
LMAO Roosta, I'll bring some cold Coronas:drunk5: and some baked beans:bowdown:.Ifn ya don't catch anythin we can always go to "Fish Tales" an eat.:urwelcome: Gonna be after the 18th before I can get down.

Did you put out any fresh mineral for the kids?

Latest posts

Top Bottom