Catfishing experiment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sounds like some good fishing. I used to fish a feeder creek running into the Red River and as you described, when the water would rise you could catch some good fish on live bait. I can't catch good cats all the time like some of the experienced catmen, but in those certain situations could load up and look like I knew what I was doing. Here is one such trip, this was about two hours worth of fishing.
[Broken External Image]

that sure looks like a fun two hours

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am gettin a hankerin for doing some cattin. I think its time to pull out the trotline or jugs and give it a whirl. I just wish the hoppers were growing faster. I know where I would head for some channels.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like some good fishing. I used to fish a feeder creek running into the Red River and as you described, when the water would rise you could catch some good fish on live bait. I can't catch good cats all the time like some of the experienced catmen, but in those certain situations could load up and look like I knew what I was doing. Here is one such trip, this was about two hours worth of fishing.
QUOTE]

Thats a heck of a string of cats!! Like you, I know where there is a feeder creek that dumps into the Salt Fork River. Its not deep enough to grow minnows, but when the river comes up and starts backing into it, some night crawlers is all one needs to load up on the blues. We didn't get enough rain this year for it to come up.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't even remember man, mix of blues and channels and I think there is a flathead in there somewhere. Found another pic where I am holding a flathead from that same general time period, but the water in the trough behind me is a little lower, so it could have been a different trip

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom