CCW mystery...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

isaiahsdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Class completed, forms filled out, passport photos and money in hand and I am off to the Sheriff's office to turn it all in. Now, I had an arrest back in 91 for driving under suspension (canceled insurance in a divorce, got new insurance and when the state sent a letter that my license would be revoked unless I provided proof, it went to the ex and she never sent it to me, got pulled over and got arrested for DUS. Really no big deal), so, I asked the officer to look on the computer and see if he could get the dates for me, well, he found nothing, but I put it on the app anyhow, better safe, now to the real story. He finds a charge of "making a threatening phone call" dated 96, he has the case number, but no information on disposition. Here is the weird part, it has my name, my DOB, but Kim's SSN. So we look on OSCN, nothing, I get home and ask Kim if she remembers anything about this, she has no clue. So, I call the county clerks office with the case number and not only is there nothing in the computer, she calls down to the basement for records, and they have nothing. The Oklahoma County Sheriffs office shows the charge, but has no other information about it. Long story short, I put the information I did have on my permit application so when the OSBI does there background search, they will at least see I was not trying to hide anything.

My advice, when you turn in your paperwork, check OSCN first, and ask the officer to check the computer for any surprises. This one really caught me by surprise. Hopefully in 90 days, all of this will be just a glitch in the system, and I get my permit.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it should be ok. I did an FBI backround check on myself before I put in for mine... I was expecting a LONG list of petty crap. Just one issue that got dissmissed in 1998, I got a copy of the dismissal, sent it in along with app.. no problems.
It might take the full time period allowed befor you get it.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did the right thing.
Better to put it on there, than have them find it.
You get a chance to explain anything and everything.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a completely clear record and a TS level clearance for the Feds with special numbers and letters after the clearance and I still haven't gotten my permit back yet. It's been 70 days now. Submitted mine at the same time two of my friends did and they both got theirs in 31 days total. Sad thing is OSBI cashed my check 4 days after submittal. Called the Sheriffs and they haven't seen it yet so I gotta assume OSBI still has it. Go figure.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a completely clear record and a TS level clearance for the Feds with special numbers and letters after the clearance and I still haven't gotten my permit back yet. It's been 70 days now. Submitted mine at the same time two of my friends did and they both got theirs in 31 days total. Sad thing is OSBI cashed my check 4 days after submittal. Called the Sheriffs and they haven't seen it yet so I gotta assume OSBI still has it. Go figure.

Call the sheriff, ask them if its in yet...LOL

Dont worry... anyday now!

zinadinpeterson

New to the site!
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, I do not believe that the axis of rotation has changed a lot. The axis is tilted toward the camera so that the handle is higher when the ball close to the camera, and lower when it is farther from the camera by turning it clockwise viewed from above. In my opinion, never changes.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As mentioned earlier, I do not believe that the axis of rotation has changed a lot. The axis is tilted toward the camera so that the handle is higher when the ball close to the camera, and lower when it is farther from the camera by turning it clockwise viewed from above. In my opinion, never changes.

Well that just clears everything up. . .:confused::uhwhat::anyone:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'll take two hundred. Please send them to my NewYork City address.:Heya:

Latest posts

Top Bottom