Cert granted in Chicago gun case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm cautiously optimistic that Step Two will take place in 2010 sometime. Sotomayor will predictably vote against incorporation, but that's expected and won't change the final score versus what her predecessor would have voted.

ontimeontarget

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Challenge To Chicago Gun Ban
Supreme Court To Hear 2nd Amendment
Wednesday, September 30, 2009

WASHINGTON, D.C. – The U.S. Supreme Court announced today that it will hear the case of McDonald v. City of Chicago, and decide whether the right to keep and bear arms secured by the Second Amendment protects Americans from overreaching state and local governments.

Read More here. http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/15298

Pay attention people.

otot

"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man,
but only to have the law of nature for his rule"
Samuel Adams

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have trouble with friends that are liberal so much so they stop being friends. I always begin wondering which face they are showing and what double standard they are applying.

Hope the case goes well and right

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My greater concern is if they uphold the chicago ban it opens the door for reversal of state preemption gun laws. This was a huge issue in Denver and the state of Colorado preempted muncipalities from passing restrictions on firearms after a CCW holder was arrested and convicted in that city.

I certainly hope this is winnable.

Agreed... This can affect the OK SDA laws that say no county, city, town, etc. can enact guns control laws stricter than the state.... if this is lost you can bet the likes of Mayors like Kathey Taylor will try to use it to control guns. She will be gone bore then but she is a prime example.

Hub

Latest posts

Top Bottom