Chick-fil-A Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!! It was the president, not the entire company. Obama says stuff you don't agree with. Does he represent our entire country? No, he doesn't. Don't boycott an entire company because of one person's views. His views are not offensive and cause no harm to you or anyone for that matter. You love the 2nd amendment but not the first? Wow!!! I bet none of you would stop buying Winchester or Federal ammo just because one person at that company said something you didn't agree with.

who says his views aren't offensive? Lots of people take offense to views like that. You may not, which is fine, but others do.

By the way, no one is infringing on the CFA president's freedom of speech. No one is saying he isn't allowed to say what he said. He said what he said and others have chosen to boycott the company he owns. (Less the dumbass mayors who want to keep his restaurants out, which i have an issue with).

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I thought there was some sort of " thanks for being pro-gun/conceal carry go to starbucks and support them" day recently?

This. I think he got that one backwards. The Brady Bunch was all up in Starbuck's biznass about allowing concealed/open carry a few months ago.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SERIOUSLY PEOPLE!!!! It was the president, not the entire company. Obama says stuff you don't agree with. Does he represent our entire country? No, he doesn't. Don't boycott an entire company because of one person's views. His views are not offensive and cause no harm to you or anyone for that matter. You love the 2nd amendment but not the first? Wow!!! I bet none of you would stop buying Winchester or Federal ammo just because one person at that company said something you didn't agree with.

This board is NOTORIOUS for crucifying a company because of a minority within that company compromising their beliefs.

What in the first amendment say I have to agree with everything someone says in the name of "free speech." If he says something, we have plenty of right to say something back.

This whole thing is retarded IMO though. Seems both side just want a bandwagon to jump on.

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both sides of this are being stupid.
The gay community and certain mayors are over-reacting and trying to attack a CEO for having personal beliefs through his business.
The conservative/mainly Christian element is having a knee jerk reaction. Any flag to rally around in defense of state-sponsored marriage and religious morality. It has already gotten out of hand on both sides.

The only reason I eat there is because they offer a good product at a decent price with nice employees. When they stop doing that, I won't want to go there.

Exactly my thoughts on the matter.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This board is NOTORIOUS for crucifying a company because of a minority within that company compromising their beliefs.

What in the first amendment say I have to agree with everything someone says in the name of "free speech." If he says something, we have plenty of right to say something back.

This whole thing is retarded IMO though. Seems both side just want a bandwagon to jump on.

Yup. No one stopped this guy from expressing his views. No one trampled his right to speak. All i've seen are people telling him he is wrong and choosing to take their business elsewhere.

Both sides want to claim the mantle of tolerance, both sides are hypocrites

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope not gonna do it.

I support the first amendment but I refuse to support a business that actively speaks out against GLBT individuals.

Chik-Fil-A the official food stop of Westboro Baptist.

You are either being facetious or you are one sick puppy.

You know, while I don't agree with Josh on this one, I don't understand your response to it. If that is Josh's conviction, I will respect it, but expect the same consideration from others when I decide to go.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well this is MY opinion..........I'm sick and tired of Christians getting bashed for their beliefs. FREEDOM of SPEECH for ALL.....not all except for Christians. I don't support gays......It's WRONG and well disgusting. Chastise me all you want. I served my country to defend the right to say I think gays are ridiculous. You don't like it, I hear Canada supports gays....

I also don't support abortion....just sayin'

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well this is MY opinion..........I'm sick and tired of Christians getting bashed for their beliefs. FREEDOM of SPEECH for ALL.....not all except for Christians. I don't support gays......It's WRONG and well disgusting. Chastise me all you want. I served my country to defend the right to say I think gays are ridiculous. You don't like it, I hear Canada supports gays....

I also don't support abortion....just sayin'

I like you more and more.... but not in that gay kinda way ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom