Chickasha

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have knowledge of what Chickasha is like? The wife and I are going to look at some houses down there today. Honestly I don’t think I’ve ever been through there before. I looked at crime stats which shows it’s higher than the national average, but stats don’t always mean much. Any and all info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the most part I consider chickasha to be crappy.

There is a fair amount of stores and restaurants. Being there you’re close to Lawton, not too terribly far from OKC.

Lots of tweakers and ran down neighborhoods

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like any town it has its good and bad. I've had family down there for years. I go down there at least once a month, like to eat to there and go to the Atwood's.
Rays and Jake’s has excellent ribs! Atwoods is a plus. Central to Lawton, and shooting spots like fouled bore and badlands Tacticle

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Agree with everything stated thus far. They were in the news this past week. Apparently their water treatment plant is over 50 years old and in dire need of updating/replacing. The usual complaints, algae is in the water causing discoloration and an unpleasant odor for some. They just approved a permanent 1.5% sales tax increase to pay for the new plant. It was either that or something ridiculous like an 85% increase in water rates. Sounds like some serious mismanagement to me which has gone FUBAR and now expect the residents to foot the bill.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s input. After researching the medical facilities in Chickasha, the wife and I are going to stay in Norman for now. We both have too many medical issues. I should have thought of that sooner.
That makes a lot of sense. I can understand you wanting to get out of Norman… it’s overrun with liberals haha!

You are indeed correct about medical care. You would be driving back to places like Norman all the time for appointments.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for everyone’s input. After researching the medical facilities in Chickasha, the wife and I are going to stay in Norman for now. We both have too many medical issues. I should have thought of that sooner.
I live north of Norman and it's absolutely gone to hell in the last 5 years. Chickasha is a move up in my opinion.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense. I can understand you wanting to get out of Norman… it’s overrun with liberals haha!

You are indeed correct about medical care. You would be driving back to places like Norman all the time for appointments.
LOL. I like Norman and Moore. I like apartment living for now because I don’t have to mow, or do any other outdoor work in the summer. If something goes out in the apartment I can just call maintenance. I’d love to get into a new small house, but I guess I’ll have to look at places with a good hospital. Oh well. I have all the time in the world to look. Worst case I stay in apartment living. Most the people I live around are college kids. All good kids.

Latest posts

Top Bottom