Chilino's Mexican restaurants has added gunbuster signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, that's Casa de los Milagros, 5111 N Classen. Outstanding food, and very carry friendly. I live in the neighborhood and eat there fairly regularly.

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I sent Chellino's an email that suggested that they at least go to no open carry. Here is what I sent.

I have been a customer of your restaurants for several years. My last visit to your location on N Meridian I saw a no weapons sign. I am sure that it is change made because of the new open carry law that is now in effect in Oklahoma. Concealed carry has been around for many years and it didn’t prompt you to prohibit weapons from your businesses. I really enjoy your excellent food and service and hope that the signs won’t make me reconsider my patronage. I can also figure out that concealed carry didn’t give you a problem because you are only posting the signs now. Would you at least consider posting signs that say “No Open Carry”. That would be your right also as posting the no weapons signs now is your right. You have no way of knowing how many happy customers have been concealing guns for all of these years. Your recent action is most likely making all of them uncomfortable with the new signs.

Please consider my suggestion of posting “No Open Carry" Signs.

Here is the reply that I received today.

Tom,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will take your suggestion into consideration.

Sincerely,

Billie Baird

Office Manager
Chelino's Mexican Restaurant
4320 S Walker Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73109

okietom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday I got an email from Chelino's that said they are changing their gun policy from no guns allowed to no open carry. Here is the text of it.

"After reading the e-mails that were sent to us, we have decided to change our policy on "no weapons". We have changed our signs to now say "No Open Carry". We will receive the new signs sometime next week.

We agree with your reasoning and acknowledge that we rushed into our first decision without considering the facts that have been mentioned by many of you.

Being a family friendly restaurant, we do not believe in allowing guns to be seen by children or their families while they enjoy their meals. That is why we will keep "No Open Carry" as our policy.

We are truly thankful that you took the time to write to us and let us see the issue through your point of view.

We do not want to lose you as customers and are now confident in this new policy. We hope to see you back in our restaurants soon!

If you have any concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you,

Sofia Marquez
Chelino's Mexican Restaurant"

Latest posts

Top Bottom