Chilino's Mexican restaurants has added gunbuster signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As a CC'er, I've talked to several managers of surrounding businesses about their posting and how it may impact their business as word spreads. I support OC'ers even though I'm likely going to continue CC'ing.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you might want to stop by the Chelino's on May and Hefner for lunch and tell Armando Jr. that you came by because you heard he took the gunbuster signs down. If you do, I recommend carrying concealed to show courtesy for them.

I would if I were in the area. Unfortunately I got the same canned response to my email listed about. Pretty pathetic. :(

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of you might want to stop by the Chelino's on May and Hefner for lunch and tell Armando Jr. that you came by because you heard he took the gunbuster signs down. If you do, I recommend carrying concealed to show courtesy for them.

it worked that day, in that circumstance. One can only hope all situations and owners will be as open and honest as the next. #ccwforlife

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have contacted Chilino's about the new gunbuster signs, since I am a frequent customer. Please contact them with your thoughts: [email protected]

Let them nicely hear from us. Thank you.

here is what I got from Chelinos.
------------------------------------------------
AJ,

We are a family restaurant and feel that weapons will extremely change the atmosphere our family dining establishments.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your opinion and we will take it into consideration.

Thank You!

Billie Baird
Office Manager
Chelino's Mexican Restaurant
4320 S Walker Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73109

FamousAJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I've emailed both Chelinos and Teds Cafe Escondido, and shared this information with our Facebook group. Here's an address for Teds: [email protected]

and....Got this from Teds.
--------------------------
AJ,

We posted a sign for a couple of days and immediately took them down.

Please understand, we are advocates and stand beside you on this issue.

I personally agree with everything you have stated in your e-mail..

Sorry for any confusion, pass this on to all your friends, and please come see is in the future…

Thank you for your support..

Rick Tate

President

TCE
PO Box 890240
OKC, OK. 73189

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went back to Chelino's at Hefner and May today - the signs are still gone. I talked to the Manager and he said someone had also complained about the gun buster signs at the Norman restaurant so they removed those signs as well.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you're craving Mexican food in the Edmond area, both Alvarados (on 2nd St across from UCO) and Abuelo's (on Memorial) have no posted signs promoting or opposing concealed or open carrying of firearms. Alvarados isn't anything spectacular, it's par or slightly above par food and Abuelo's is pretty tasty, but a chain, so..

ArGyLe64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody a couple of years ago posted a sign of the door of the Mexican restaurant at I-44 and Classen~ish (other side of the highway from Chili's, big gold restaurant) that had a sign stating lawfully carried firearms are welcome.

That might be the place to frequent now.

Milagro's. My father and I eat there at least once a week and we both gladly carry in there. Sometimes open and sometimes concealed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom