Chilino's Mexican restaurants has added gunbuster signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
No middle ground then eh??? Respect our rights while we question yours??? That how it goes these days?

As a business owner, i understand the argument... It's just ironic. The world needs more GlockCops

You are simply going from OC thread to OC thread and opposing anyone who advocates OC. I know you say you are trying to stimulate conversation and thought, but the way you do it really just makes you look bad, IMNSHO. There is a difference between questioning someone's right or oppressing them and simply trying to convince them that they are wrong or that their opinions will cost them my business.

I agree with Werewolf above... it is their right to choose how to run their business, and if we want to protect our rights and help spread education about the (non)dangers of CC and OC, it is our responsibility. I, too, will send the owners of Chelino's an email... nicely worded and polite, but in no uncertain terms tell them I will not bring my family to their establishment so long as they disallow their patrons to exercise their Constitutionally-guaranteed rights.

Just my $0.02.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are simply going from OC thread to OC thread and opposing anyone who advocates OC. I know you say you are trying to stimulate conversation and thought, but the way you do it really just makes you look bad, IMNSHO. There is a difference between questioning someone's right or oppressing them and simply trying to convince them that they are wrong or that their opinions will cost them my business.

I agree with Werewolf above... it is their right to choose how to run their business, and if we want to protect our rights and help spread education about the (non)dangers of CC and OC, it is our responsibility. I, too, will send the owners of Chelino's an email... nicely worded and polite, but in no uncertain terms tell them I will not bring my family to their establishment so long as they disallow their patrons to exercise their Constitutionally-guaranteed rights.

Just my $0.02.

I agree with the business/costumer rights also. But I too, just like you, have a deep conviction to my own humble opinion. While it's not a popular opinion, I still feel compelled to express it, for that that is the cornerstone of honest, open conversation. I'll apologize if I've rubbed a feather or two, but I must stand buy my opinion, and respect yours (and all others) also. Nobody seems to want to dive into it, and I admit, as conversations attempt to take place, there is a litle guilt-by-association pigeon-holing going on. There's only so many times you can explain a stance. It's the irony of one right being greater than another... But someone points it out, and everyone backtracks. It's wild. And I find myself to be ferociously entertaining. Much like a sample poll consists of many people, I run the same question on this topic equally across each pro-OC individual to gain knowledge my friend. I'm curious why people really, down to the core, choose to open carry. Beyond the simple and complex answers, there is sound logic behind some personal answers... Others hide a true meaning behind legislation... I'm just curious:)

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somebody a couple of years ago posted a sign of the door of the Mexican restaurant at I-44 and Classen~ish (other side of the highway from Chili's, big gold restaurant) that had a sign stating lawfully carried firearms are welcome.

That might be the place to frequent now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree with the business/costumer rights also. But I too, just like you, have a deep conviction to my own humble opinion. While it's not a popular opinion, I still feel compelled to express it, for that that is the cornerstone of honest, open conversation. I'll apologize if I've rubbed a feather or two, but I must stand buy my opinion, and respect yours (and all others) also. Nobody seems to want to dive into it, and I admit, as conversations attempt to take place, there is a litle guilt-by-association pigeon-holing going on. There's only so many times you can explain a stance. It's the irony of one right being greater than another... But someone points it out, and everyone backtracks. It's wild. And I find myself to be ferociously entertaining. Much like a sample poll consists of many people, I run the same question on this topic equally across each pro-OC individual to gain knowledge my friend. I'm curious why people really, down to the core, choose to open carry. Beyond the simple and complex answers, there is sound logic behind some personal answers... Others hide a true meaning behind legislation... I'm just curious:)

I'm afraid we have a serious miscommunication here. I support you wholeheartedly in trying to stimulate a rational, logical and honest discourse into the subject, regardless of if it's been beat to death ad nauseum here before.

What I take issue with is what I see as the blatant mischaracterization of the pressure we as citizens have/are putting on businesses and business owners. Here is what you said:

TwoForFlinching said:
No middle ground then eh??? Respect our rights while we question yours??? That how it goes these days?

That is most assuredly NOT what we as gun owners and gun rights advocates have done or are doing. In fact, the vast majority of us on this board I believe would heartily support any business owner's right to do business as they see fit. Meaning whom they wish to deal with and what they allow in or on their property.

What we are doing is using our buying power to persuade others that their (in our minds) illogical and unfounded stance against guns in general (vs. against the criminal element who use guns) will cost them business. NOT telling them that they shouldn't have the right to make that choice! We are not advocating the abrogation of their rights, merely the intelligence of their choice to exercise that right (ostensibly to limit their business). If I owned a business there are companies/organizations I would refuse to deal with, no matter how much money it cost me. Planned Parenthood for one, several others come to mind. That's my right... others may think it's stupid, and they are welcome to question my choice, but not to force me to deal with those organizations!

If my job told me I could not carry at work, I would need to make the determination whether I could or would continue to work there being forcibly (by statute or policy) disarmed while at work. I would disagree with their policy, but might continue to accept the risk or loss incurred, in order to continue to be employed there.

If we're going to debate, that's fine... but be fair about it. Don't twist our words to mean something they don't - that's a job for politicians and media outlets.

Latest posts

Top Bottom