Chilino's Mexican restaurants has added gunbuster signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not quite the response I was hoping for from Chelinos:

We appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention and we will take your opinion into consideration.

Thank You!
Billie Baird
Office Manager
Chelino's Mexican Restaurant
4320 S Walker Avenue
Oklahoma City, OK 73109

I expect many of you got the same canned response.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A step in the right direction - I went to Chelino's on Hefner and May for lunch today. I talked with the Manager about his gunbuster sign and showed him this OSA discussion thread. He removed the signs from the door while I was there.

flybeech

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A step in the right direction - I went to Chelino's on Hefner and May for lunch today. I talked with the Manager about his gunbuster sign and showed him this OSA discussion thread. He removed the signs from the door while I was there.

OUTSTANDING! My hat's off to you for taking the effort to explain to the manager. Maybe this is easier than I originally thought. Is the Hefner and May Chelino's restaurant ready for a green pin on http://friendorfoe.us?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OUTSTANDING! My hat's off to you for taking the effort to explain to the manager. Maybe this is easier than I originally thought. Is the Hefner and May Chelino's restaurant ready for a green pin on http://friendorfoe.us?

The Manager was very gun friendly. He even had a waitress vouch for him and the fact that he was a gun owner and didn't like the signs as well. He said it was a corporate requirement regarding open carry and that they are not trying to restrict customers from concealed carry. I pointed out that his sign said "no weapons" which means concealed or open. I eat there often and told him that I would need to reconsider. I then showed him this thread on my iPhone and told him that he was losing customers. That's when he removed the signs.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder, strictly from an average citizen/non-enthusiast standpoint, if having openly armed patrons will negatively impact traffic/income/patronage of said average citizen/non-enthusiast eaters... Given that most people who've never been around guns, only been around hunting long guns, are generally skiddish around handguns when not presented by a known and trusted firearms advocate.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe any effect such as you mention will be transient at worst, until the average citizen becomes more comfortable seeing responsible, normal people OCing every day. It's really no big deal in the other 85% or so of the US where it's legal. Everybody thinking the sky is gonna fall in OK makes me laugh.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is frigging AWESOME!

It is working!!!

Some of you might want to stop by the Chelino's on May and Hefner for lunch and tell Armando Jr. that you came by because you heard he took the gunbuster signs down. If you do, I recommend carrying concealed to show courtesy for them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom