Chuck House

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had Chuck House in Edmond a few times (RIP) and the one in MWC once. While it's definitely the best CF for the price, it's hardly the best CF in the universe. That goes to Texas Roadhouse.

Lately I've been craving a steak sandwich supreme from Del Rancho with nothing on it but tons of Miracle Whip (no mayo). Thanks to the 2 commercials per break while watching The Simpsons.

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We used to have a Del Rancho right in downtow Tuttle and it closed about 6 years ago. I know the owners and they claim they are going to open it again. (fingers crossed)

I didn't know that. My husband and I liked to go there because it was the only one we knew of with a dining room.

The Chuck House was the one place I didn't get to when I was in OKC this summer. Lord, I miss their steak dinner with gravy and fries. No such thing as chicken fry in AZ. Just fried chicken and waffles. meh.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

Lately I've been craving a steak sandwich supreme from Del Rancho with nothing on it but tons of Miracle Whip (no mayo). Thanks to the 2 commercials per break while watching The Simpsons.

Yeah Danny, They got to us during the football game last night. After about 12 commercials in for Del Rancho in 20 minutes, we all started to sound like Homer. "Mmmmmmmm....steak sandwich supreme."

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chuck House and Del Rancho both sound great right now.

Does anyone remember the awesome huge steak sandwiches at The Onion Barrel on S. High?

I used to eat there when I was a young lad, 30+ years ago, and worked on S.E. 29th, as a machinist, at Hendershot Tool Co.

yeah I do, forgot about that place. They still open?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chuck House is the best Chicken Fry in the Universe...

i48.tinypic.com_1zyc5eo.jpg

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. My fatazz hates uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! I'd rather have a dang good chicken fry than a filet mignon any day of the week; as long as it's covered in that good white creamy gravy.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Chuck House and Del Rancho both sound great right now.

Does anyone remember the awesome huge steak sandwiches at The Onion Barrel on S. High?

I used to eat there when I was a young lad, 30+ years ago, and worked on S.E. 29th, as a machinist, at Hendershot Tool Co.

Still there and they still serve them. I don't go in very often, because you come out smelling exactly like the name infers.

yeah I do, forgot about that place. They still open?

Weatherby says they're still open, cznick.

What's funny, is at The Onion Barrel, I never got the onions on my steak sandwich, but I would get an order of their fabulous onion rings.

There steak sandwich was so big, that I would only get a half sandwich and onion rings, and I am a big eater.

The only way I could eat a whole sandwich was, if that was all I got.

This sure is making me want a steak sandwich, and there isn't a decent one anywhere in Shawnee.

We had a Del Rancho a hundred years ago, just a couple of blocks from where I live, but now it is a car lot.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try the Del Rancho on SW 29th street just west of Pennsylvania. They sell the Chicken Fried Steak dinners and the sandwiches. The reason I mention that particular one is cause they are they only Del Rancho left in town that cooks it properly.

Since I used to live in the Yukon/Mustang area, I mostly went to the one in Mustang. I thought it did a good job on the cooking and I have also consumed sandwiches at the SW 29th location as well as the location near the old SW Shooters and Britton Road, too. I can't say I ever noticed a difference among the locations.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Alright, HMFIC, your wish is my command, as long as you can wait until tomorrow. I will go and consume one. CH is just up the street from work and I try and make it there at least once a week. Tomorrow sounds like a good day for a chicken fry.

Bigmak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup.

I prefer to eat mine with losta mayo, lettuce and onion, no tomato.

Even their fries are awesome.

You sir suck .. I left OKC 13 years ago and I can honestly say that is the one thing I have not found an equal to in Tulsa . I had almost forgotten about Chuckhouse its Chicken Fry steak sandwiches its Okie burger its wonderful disregard for fat calories or grease. Sweet Jebus I hope they are open Christmas EVE because now I must have lol ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom