Citizen calls PD on ATF agent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
given that the ATF agent gave his badge number to her when the lady called about the 'fake police

So your advise is get a badge number and it’s all good really? I think buba could get one of those… they needed verification IMO, many have been robbed and raped being pulled over by a fake badge. After all he’s on the clock all he had to do is prove who he said he was. JMO

Cocky SOB IMO…. I’m god don’t have to show you chit…..….😞
Of course not.....she asked for the number and he gave it to her. Did he refuse to ID? Oddly, it doesn't say.

Look, I get that a lot of folks don't like the ATF; that's understandable in a lot of instances. I realize some won't like this....but I bet this police department loses the federal suit against them given how the officers handled this.
The ATF agent made some mistakes too...no doubt.

You mentioned a fake badge--- did this guy have a fake badge? Not sure of the full story.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I stopped an FBI agent once for going 80+ thru our city. He was a prick. I told him he had a choice: get a ticket for speeding and careless driving or call his supervisor and explain why he was stopped and telling the officer (me) I couldn't write him a ticket. He called his boss.

About a month later I got called into the chief's office... The SAC in Denver wrote a letter to the chief apologizing for the agents behavior and thanking me for having the agent notify him of the stop.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Of course not.....she asked for the number and he gave it to her. Did he refuse to ID? Oddly, it doesn't say.

Look, I get that a lot of folks don't like the ATF; that's understandable in a lot of instances. I realize some won't like this....but I bet this police department loses the federal suit against them given how the officers handled this.
The ATF agent made some mistakes too...no doubt.

You mentioned a fake badge--- did this guy have a fake badge? Not sure of the full story.
So the lesson is hollower out a badge and hold up a piece of paper and your good? Hope your retired.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I stopped an FBI agent once for going 80+ thru our city. He was a prick. I told him he had a choice: get a ticket for speeding and careless driving or call his supervisor and explain why he was stopped and telling the officer (me) I couldn't write him a ticket. He called his boss.

About a month later I got called into the chief's office... The SAC in Denver wrote a letter to the chief apologizing for the agents behavior and thanking me for having the agent notify him of the stop.
He shouldn't be a prick about it, that's for sure. If you go 80, you risk getting pulled over, no matter who you are.. If law enforcement sees that you can show reciprocal professionalism, you are more likely to simply get a warning, of course.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That ATF dude displays, in a minor way, what's wrong with that agency and most other federal LE agencies. They think they're above the law.

If the cops show up a little heavy-handed like it appears these guys did, just do what you're told. It's that easy. When it's all over, you don't get tased, you probably don't get arrested and you can still sue if you think it's worth it. The street isn't the proper venue for a dick-measuring contest. That's what courts are for.

But when you bring a lot of the grief on by your own actions I start to lose sympathy really fast.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That ATF dude displays, in a minor way, what's wrong with that agency and most other federal LE agencies. They think they're above the law.

If the cops show up a little heavy-handed like it appears these guys did, just do what you're told. It's that easy. When it's all over, you don't get tased, you probably don't get arrested and you can still sue if you think it's worth it. The street isn't the proper venue for a dick-measuring contest. That's what courts are for.

But when you bring a lot of the grief on by your own actions I start to lose sympathy really fast.
Yeah, he should have handled it better. The police on scene handled it a bit worse, in my opinion.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's a funny one, since no one got shot. I think it is totally legit for someone to call PD in this instance. I mean, someone knocks on your door and wants to see your guns? Are they real or not? Who knows. Seems reasonable to call the police and let them sort it out.

This whole strawman spot check thing seems very dicey for everyone. And a violation of rights.

Latest posts

Top Bottom