Citizen calls PD on ATF agent

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a funny one, since no one got shot. I think it is totally legit for someone to call PD in this instance. I mean, someone knocks on your door and wants to see your guns? Are they real or not? Who knows. Seems reasonable to call the police and let them sort it out.

This whole strawman spot check thing seems very dicey for everyone. And a violation of rights.
I think it could be reasonable for someone to call the local PD if they truly aren't sure. I also think that the PD should probably keep their ego in check a bit as well. That also applies for the ATF officer.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
"I'm a federal F*****g" Agent. I don't give a rats ass who you 'say' you are, comply and we'll take it from there. Responding to the officer the way this moron did immediately escalated the situation.
Yeah, the ATF officer didn't need to add the f word descriptor. That did not help one bit.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There not above the law or the constitution. Normal people wouldn’t ever invasion an ATF that doesn’t have your records showing up to quest them. How about sitting up a meeting? There’s safe ways of doing things, we certainly are going to have to agree we disagree. Where’s the fire.

Method

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There not above the law or the constitution. Normal people wouldn’t ever invasion an ATF that doesn’t have your records showing up to quest them. How about sitting up a meeting? There’s safe ways of doing things, we certainly are going to have to agree we disagree. Where’s the fire.
You're right; they aren't above it. Same goes for the local police. Do we really know the full story behind the ATF visit though?

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
That was great. I've watched that dude's videos a bunch before. He used to go by SaltyBastard or something.

Edit: Salty Cracker

He has some really funny stuff.

Last edited:

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The ATF, or the police in general, can ask you anything they want. You can then answer or not.

In this case, it's perfectly legal for the ATF to knock on a door and ask to see your guns. You can then choose to let them see what they want or not let them. If they have a warrant it's a different story.

On the other hand, it's perfectly reasonable for a homeowner to call the police if they feel the person isn't who or what they represent themselves to be. Hard to say exactly what the caller told the dispatcher and what the dispatcher told the officers.

Regardless, arguing with the police on the street isn't going to do anyone any good. There's a time and place to state your case...that wasn't it. Even if your wife IS pregnant. I'm not defending the officers...just from the video it seems they could've been a little more low-key about the interaction.

Latest posts

Top Bottom