City of Lawton Elk Hunt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flathead58

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is where I got drawn out ( Refuge ) bull tag in 05 was told not to shoot the first one i saw that i would regret it i saw about 20 bulls in the first 3hours of the mourning could not take it any more and took a 5x7 he looked like the best one no telling how many cows went by

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hunted there 3 years ago with a friend... We hiked everyday from daylight to dusk (even stayed up in there one night) and never found any fresh sign of Elk. Saw a flipping ton of deer though. Couple were really nice shooters too. The refuge was making repairs to the fence and there was a ton of activity that may have pushed them off onto private land to the North. But we found very little old sign either. Lake rangers from Lawton PD told us nobody had ever brought one out that they knew of. If you've got a boat I can tell you an easy way in where a local told me they come down into there along a channel that feeds into the lake. Either way, good luck. It was a fun hunt. I will put in for it again next year. I drew on the refuge this year So I didn't put in for this time.

Fog

Latest posts

Top Bottom