Cold and wet forecast - are your plans changed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No changes for me. I stocked my stand yesterday with coffee and hot chocolate along with plenty of water and snacks. Like someone else said, the only change may be having one of my windows closed.

huntingfool13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Latest forecast for KTen viewing area Winter Weather Adv. Late tonight into Saturday Morn. Mainly west of HWY 69 in Oklahoma. Periods of freezing Rain or drizzle some light Ice possible mainly on elevated surfaces. I am literally just west of 69 about twenty miles but going out anyway I wait all year for this 16 days aint gonna miss it. Just debating on going to get coveralls or not.My old ones want fit any more

huntingfool13

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1! Hopefully it will keep the Texans home too. Tomorrow is my favorite day of the year in Antlers though. It is quite a sight with all the out of towners pouring in dragging all sorts of homemade contraptions. Some of them are downright hilarious.

When I first started hunting about 40 years ago we hunted out of Antlers out 271 our first stop was the little convenience store there in town that burned down several years ago to top off with gas before going into the mountains. The last time I was over in that area 3-4 years ago there wasa big metal gate across the road where we went in. Was great hunting in there took my biggest deer from back in there, A big heavy ten point.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll be out tomorrow. I took vacation like every year. Don't go back to work until Wednesday of the second week of gun season. Work two days, and take off the last 3 days of season. Bought another heater for the new box blind, loaded two more books into the Kindle, filled the back pack with chow, and its on!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
i love the cold. the only thing that has me worried is the wind and the stand choice i have made. chair on a piece of plywood over a cattle chute on a hilltop...buuurrrr

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
i love the cold. the only thing that has me worried is the wind and the stand choice i have made. chair on a piece of plywood over a cattle chute on a hilltop...buuurrrr

Same here, the place I'm going to sit a place where I've promised myself that I was going to put a hunting box for the last 2 years.....................................still hasn't happened.

Latest posts

Top Bottom