Cold and wet forecast - are your plans changed?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have not decided if Eufaula or Love county will be the spot for me tomorrow.
Either way i will be sitting in a tree on a branch or down on the ground.
I have fished and hunted in much much worse, and enjoyed myself every time :)

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wife and kids made too many plans that involve a chainsaw and my daily driver 47 dodge truck and a futon delivery.
Don't trust them with either one..and tree must be at the curb monday...Opening days shot for me..

You can bet i will be gone most of next week :(

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm waiting on the 10pm news to decide if I'm going out tomorrow morning. Not to thrilled about driving on ice covered roads before sun up.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get out there and kill some deer, wussies. Posting from my tent at camp. 32 and raining. I'll be 18 foot up an oak before the sun thinks about rising.

I haven't missed an opening weekend (not just day) since I was 11 years old. If I'm not in the hospital, I'll never miss one.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its a two hour drive for me and I am stuck at home. I wont be out there at the crack of dawn but we are going to try for a mid morning hunt. Temps should be above freezing making the drive safer for me.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My #2 son came in tonight and we are going in the morning. He can only hunt till 10 but I am going to stay out. I was in a ground blind all day today so I stayed dry. It really was not too bad with some handwarmers in my boots and one on my neck. Saw 7 does and no bucks. Was going to shoot a doe right before I left but it got too dark and I could not see the sights well enough to be confident so I didn't shoot. Hope they are moving good in the morning. Oh...and I didn't sleep in this morning. Got up and took the grandson to school so my daughter didn't have to get the new baby out in the cold and then I went to the blind. One of my OSU Wildlife Prof buddies though did a big study on mature deer at McAAP and he swears if you want to kill a big one, sleep in and go out around 9 and stay through the middle of the day. My biggest one ever was shot in the middle of the day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom