College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to be very selective and make it conference record. They do not have a winning record overall with at least Texas and BYU.
Don't confuse them with facts. And don't even compare big 12 championships in ALL sports with the football record of the mighty Sooners.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, you have to be very selective and make it conference record. They do not have a winning record overall with at least Texas and BYU.

We aren't being "very selective" as the Big 12 is the subject lol..... you boys need to read what it says. If you're not happy with the parameters then I dunno what to tell you.

We can talk about overall records like the Bedlam one, but people get real fussy.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
What will be sad is watching oSu still struggle in the Big12. I hope they dominate but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards for Mike Gundy.
Yeah, they’ve struggled to finish above the Sooners the last 3 years in a row but I’m just hoping they can be ok without bedlam to look forward to.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
What will be sad is watching oSu still struggle in the Big12. I hope they dominate but that doesn’t seem to be in the cards for Mike Gundy.
Define "struggle". Losing record? Even record? Wins but not easy wins? Where was OSU predicted to end up during the preseason predictions this year?

Here's some OSU coach comparisons

Jimmy Johnson 5 seasons, 29-25-3 and 17-15-3 conference and 2 losing seasons
Pat Jones 11 seasons, 52-61-3 and 32-44-3 conference and 6 losing seasons (one 0-10-1 season)
Bob Simmons 6 seasons, 30-38 and 16=26 conference and 5 losing seasons
Les Miles 4 seasons 28-21 and 16-18 conference and 1 losing seasons
Mike Gundy 19 seasons 165-78 and 102-63 conference and 1 losing seasons

Except for the losing seasons aspect, Gundy is about the same or just a little better than the previous coaches for the last 40+ years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom