College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
We should start a tally this year. Let’s count the posts some Sooner fans post FOR their team versus how many they post AGAINST OSU. OSU didn’t look that great last night. 14 point win for season opener wasn’t nearly as impressive as the hard fought mighty victory claimed by the Sooners. I just hope the Pokes can improve enough not to get 100 points scored against them by this powerhouse team in November.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We should start a tally this year. Let’s count the posts some Sooner fans post FOR their team versus how many they post AGAINST OSU. OSU didn’t look that great last night. 14 point win for season opener wasn’t nearly as impressive as the hard fought mighty victory claimed by the Sooners. I just hope the Pokes can improve enough not to get 100 points scored against them by this powerhouse team in November.
Long way off for that game and OU is already weighing heavy on you.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Per usual your comments didn't age well, and here you are whining about OU when you started it lol.

Speaking of Poke fans......were's that USMC fella? I want to see him get shut down this year after throwing out bets..... till someone places a real bet he couldn't afford.

Last edited:

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Long way off for that game and OU is already weighing heavy on you.
I’m scared that OU coaches are trying to outscore their basketball teams. Maybe the conference should just allow them 3 points per touchdown so lesser opponents don’t get their feelings hurt. I’m a sensitive guy.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m scared that OU coaches are trying to outscore their basketball teams. Maybe the conference should just allow them 3 points per touchdown so lesser opponents don’t get their feelings hurt. I’m a sensitive guy.
Next thing you know you'll want osu to get 9 points for a touchdown.

STS11

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's the history behind the horse mascot? Is it supposed to be a horse that a sooner rode prior to the Landrun or something?
If you are talking about the sooner schooner, here is the story. I was president of the foundation that conceived it and provided it. In 1962 Little Red was the OU mascot. The university was open for a change. Two brothers in Sapulpa, conceived the idea. The brothers were Charlie and Dr. Meryl Bartlett. It was a 1/3 sized replica of the wagon that their parents came to Oklahoma in. The ponies were all white welsh ponies. I don't know about now. The university accepted the mascot idea in 1963. They first performed in the fall of 1963, OU vs USC. The horses were pastured in Sapulpa. I fed them. The wagon was kept there as well. They are not there now. I went by the land where we kept them, and the barn and fencing is gone. I don't know where they are now. Everyone involved with it is now gone, so I can tell any story I want. This is pretty accurate though.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If you are talking about the sooner schooner, here is the story. I was president of the foundation that conceived it and provided it. In 1962 Little Red was the OU mascot. The university was open for a change. Two brothers in Sapulpa, conceived the idea. The brothers were Charlie and Dr. Meryl Bartlett. It was a 1/3 sized replica of the wagon that their parents came to Oklahoma in. The ponies were all white welsh ponies. I don't know about now. The university accepted the mascot idea in 1963. They first performed in the fall of 1963, OU vs USC. The horses were pastured in Sapulpa. I fed them. The wagon was kept there as well. They are not there now. I went by the land where we kept them, and the barn and fencing is gone. I don't know where they are now. Everyone involved with it is now gone, so I can tell any story I want. This is pretty accurate though.
No I'm referring to the horse or pony costume in the pic above.

JoeUSooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its a W who knows how we will do this year. But what OU did is kind of shameful and shows the ego
Not sure how you got to "shameful," there. The third quarter was primarily played by OU's second stringers, and the fourth quarter was played by the third (and fourth) stringers. What more, exactly, would you have OU do? (sneak in Westmoore High School players, perhaps?... or maybe leave the field and forfeit the game?) And honestly, a cool $1.3 million - even knowingly earned by acting as "cannon fodder" - really did help Ark State's program (as it would any football program).

Besides, remember what John Wayne said... "It ain't braggin' (ego) if it's fact."

Latest posts

Top Bottom