College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The offense has somehow managed to get worse each game. Can't see OU winning another SEC game with what they got.

And when the offense continues to get worse, the defense eventually starts to the same. When a defense can get the ball back for the offense and they can't do anything with it, that's a team mentality killer, tough to turn that around imo.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU is fixing to get into the SEC gauntlet, they gonna have to pick it up or it's going to be a long season. The problem playing in the SEC is any given weekend you can get your butt kicked if not at the top of your game. Every team has the potential to kick your butt if you create a little opening.
🤔

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Since I'm an OSU fan I was very excited to watch OU and not root against them now that they're in the SEC and don't affect my Cowboys directly. I thought the OU defense looked really good. 3 plays changed the outcome of the game. Texas was definitely flying around making plays. I don't think they are the #1 team in the country. I think if OU would have had a big play or 2 in the first quarter the outcome could have been different. Looks like a lot of QB keeper being called in the future.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think if OU would have had a big play or 2 in the first quarter the outcome could have been different. Looks like a lot of QB keeper being called in the future.
I think what we really saw was the cost of OU not having their top six receivers on the field. A top receiver doesn’t just outrun a defender, he finds a way to get open, and OU’s receivers weren’t doing that even when the line was giving Hawkins time. If your receivers aren’t getting open, that makes your offense one dimensional, and you can’t be one dimensional and expect to be competitive against most D1 teams, let alone a top ten team.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All I know is I watched South Carolina give Alabama all they wanted on their own field and really should have given them their second straight loss. Then after the OU game I watched Ole Miss and LSU take each other to the woodshed. Both the SC/BAMA and OM/LSU games were nail biters with each team scrapping and fighting on every play.

If OU gets to six wins this season I'll be shocked. The SEC is truly a step (or two) up from what OU is used to and it's really showing. Gonna be a long rest of the season.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think what we really saw was the cost of OU not having their top six receivers on the field. A top receiver doesn’t just outrun a defender, he finds a way to get open, and OU’s receivers weren’t doing that even when the line was giving Hawkins time. If your receivers aren’t getting open, that makes your offense one dimensional, and you can’t be one dimensional and expect to be competitive against most D1 teams, let alone a top ten team.
Why were they not playing?

Latest posts

Top Bottom