College Football Smack Talk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angler2312

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"There's a very simple reason why. According to USA TODAY Sports’ database of college football coaches’ salaries, it would cost Oklahoma $44.8 million to get out of Venables' contract as of December 2024. It's the 10th-largest buyout among FBS head coaches.

The Sooners would then have spend millions more hiring a replacement."
Brent is not the problem in my thoughts. It is Seth L and his horrible offensive schemes. They need to replace him, DM, and JJF with three coaches that have ZERO connections to OU.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
OU has injuries galore.....Venables and Littrell need totally reconstruct the playbook around Hawkins. Wheel routes to backs, stick routes to TE and bring back the power I, wishbone or whatever it takes to make due with a running game. What receivers they have left just need to become blockers for the most part. Take care if the ball, 3-5y gains per play all the way down. Those drives will take forever, keeps your D off the field and the opponent's D on the field. That aspect alone really benefits a marginal offense in the 4th quarter.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OU has injuries galore.....Venables and Littrell need totally reconstruct the playbook around Hawkins. Wheel routes to backs, stick routes to TE and bring back the power I, wishbone or whatever it takes to make due with a running game. What receivers they have left just need to become blockers for the most part. Take care if the ball, 3-5y gains per play all the way down. Those drives will take forever, keeps your D off the field and the opponent's D on the field. That aspect alone really benefits a marginal offense in the 4th quarter.
It would also be nice for the receivers to actually catch the ball. I saw a lot of drops in the first half, hopefully that improved in the second but I will never know. I left early.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It would also be nice for the receivers to actually catch the ball. I saw a lot of drops in the first half, hopefully that improved in the second but I will never know. I left early.
Most of OU's best receivers are out iirc. Young, inexperienced and a crap ton of pressure on their shoulders. Tough spot for the receivers that are playing right now. Any D1 athlete can become an efficient blocker though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom