Complaint with 2A shooting center gunsmith

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree that you got hosed. I had a build several years back that ran into the same issues with all the local smiths, but thankfully, I didn't forget to ask how they intended to do it, and end up getting frustrated and doing it myself. (Successfully...Thank god!)

There do seem to be an awful lot of gun stores hanging out their hat as a "gunsmith", when in reality what they have are gun technicians. If you walked back to their workshop, you wouldn't find many machining tools. Just lots of plug and play parts bins. You're not gonna get the real deal without dropping your hardware off with somebody who probably won't give it back for months!

RockHopper

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That being said......

Hey bro...let's see the rest of the rifle! C'mon, don't let this get you down so much that you can't enjoy it. It may not be perfect, but It'll work, and I bet it'll still kill paper bad guys.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I just got back from 2A after having a very unhappy discussion with the manager. Take a look at these images and tell me this isn't hack work. @crispy was nice enough to meet me in the parking lot to hand off an A2 stock and viewed this up close.. However these photos speak for themselves

You can see even the pins this guy installed aren't right and he even egged the pin hole on the rear , also the pins aren't the correct taper pins I brought with the FSB when I dropped everything off and that hole is more than barely noticeable. That by the way was his words the hole is barely noticeable.

And yes I am being nitpicky here but that is not even my hand guard retaining cap, mine was parked like the barrel this one is some kind of painted one and he removed the sling swivel then did a half ass job of reinstalling it as it is very loose now. The only thing I can say for certain he did right was align it as it appears to be straight and not canted.

Lastly he put some cold blue or something on the FSB I am guessing to hide some of the damage as it wasn't that color when he received it. It was a gray parkerizing and I am not even going to get into all the scratches this barrel and uppper have now from this "Gun Smith"

You've been warned this guy is a hack , they won't touch anything I own which tosses a bullet again 1911, AR or anything else.

View attachment 483144View attachment 483145View attachment 483146

So what was the guy's name?

Latest posts

Top Bottom