Computer help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My primary system has an issue, it will no longer alow me to log in(No noone has changed the password), so if any of you guru's out there can help drop me a PM. Thanks!!

JonN06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes operating systems are set up if an incorrect password has been entered so many times it will lock the system from logging in for a certain amount of time. Are you using windows xp? If you give it 24 hours and try your password again to no avail than KOPBET's solution is probably the best bet.

I've had to use a similar boot disk to get my brother into his PC when he forgot his password.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, we could use some more information. Are we on Windows, what version, are we trying to log in to a domain, or stand alone? Are you trying to log in as an admin? Is it telling you your password is rejected? There is a good tool out there if you need to reset you windows password. I'll send ya a link to it when I get to work in the morning.

awddsm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First and foremost, caps lock. Secondly, try a different keyboard. Beyond that:

Assuming you're on a standard end user build of XP, Vista or 7.

Reboot the system, after you see your computer manufacturer screen furiously tap the F8 key. You'll come to a menu that has a bunch of options, select "Safe Mode". Try logging into your account or another admin account (sometimes these are hidden on the system and only available in safe mode). If you're able to get in, go into control panel, locate the User Accounts, remove the password from your account, reboot and try to login.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another member has contacted me about the same problem.
I told him to log back in, and be sure to click the "rember me" button, as the site has been up and down lately, and may have lost his log-in data. I've not heard back from him about the problem, so this may help you.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Try using F8 when you boot up (Safe Mode) and then try logging in .........After you select Last Good Windows Start. Just a thought .....

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thanks for the help guy's!!! It seems to be a loose nut behind the wheel. After doing several hours of reading up on the beast, I found nothing is wrong other than a dead keyboard as she wouldn't take any key commands, but the mouse works fine. So I guess its off to staples today for a new board. She won't even operate any of the "F" functions, tried her on my wifes computer, an its doing the same on that one. You still get your log in page, keys won't operate the log in. So its me that was broke not the computer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom