Conn. School Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vamoose

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep it off Obama. First, unless you are an eye doctor AND are treating him, you are not qualified to comment on the workings of his tear ducts. Second, how arrogant of you to claim he is not moved by this tragedy. All day long, ALL I heard about from people everywhere I went is how sad and sickened they were. He is a human being and a father. I'm sure he was touched by this horrible event.

A lot of people believe in gun control, not just him. Comments like you made only make us (gun owners) seem like cold to the human cost. We have to work to educate people, especially the people who are on the fence about gun control. Use your energy for that. Obama has a looooong way to go to get a ban. Let's work to increase the number of responsible gun owners rather than flinging poo. There will be plenty of time for that.

Worth repeating.

WAGS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that it really matters at this point- but I just saw a video clip on the news, the news keeps telling us that there was a ar15 involved, or at least one found at the scene. The video clip I just saw, was a shot from a helicopter, and you are looking down at a LEO who is at the trunk of a vehicle, it is clear that he has a long gun in his hand, but whats even more clear is that you can see his right hand is on the pistol grip, his left hand is forward of it working the action, you can see him work the action, hold it to the rear, and checking the chamber to see its clear, then it almost looks like he switchs hands to hold the bolt open to further inspect the chamber, but its obvious that he is operating the bolt from FORWARD of the pistol grip, which leads me to think of either a semi'auto shotgun or a AK platform.. anybody else seen this video clip? if not, keep an eye out.

Wild Weasel

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We should look at the man not the tool, why was he so unstable? And we also may not like the other answer: There are just evil people out there and things like this sometimes don't make sense.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On another note, most of the mass killings are also conducted by "law abiding citizens" who purchase the guns legally. Just check the history of the several incidents in the past 30 years. It would be logical for consideration that something is not quite right when background checks are passing for future mass murderers. Perhaps limiting gun purchases to those who have enlisted in the military could be an interesting option. Of course, this is not a solution. But if gun owners are wanting to protect others, why not have a history of military or a legitimate attempt at military service?

This is stupid.

Lurkerinthewoods

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have no words...

My heart and prayers go out to the families who lost children and loved ones today.

+1...

Cannot wrap my thoughts around this, or the level of evil required to execute children. Brings me back the memories I had when the guy locked himself in the Amish school a few years ago. Burning in Hell, wouldn't be harsh enough to punish these monsters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom