Constitutional Carry (SB 1212) on the OK House floor 4/23

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My old boyfriend was that way. He smoked weed like a 4 pack a day smoker smoked cigarettes. I have no clue how he functioned or kept a job. Oh wait! He didn't! That's what he had me for! :censored: Seriously, though, he was the single most intelligent man I have ever known. Couldn't keep a job to save his soul. Put him through the avionics classes out at the airport. He did so well that he had a half-dozen job offers before the last semester even started. Went for second interviews for each of them. Got serious letters and dollar and benefit offers from each of them. Never went any further. Know why? Couldn't pass the piss test to save his soul. Last I heard he'd married some gal in Texas and she was supported him. I kinda felt bad for her but he's her problem now.
Kinda reminds me of a guy I used to work with, yes this guy did work. ha!

But when I started working part time in a machine shop when I was in high school this was the guy that ran the multi-spindle screw machines. These were Swiss designed and pretty complicated ancient WW2 surplus machines and very finicky because they were basically worn out. This guy was stoned 98% of his waking moments. When he was out of money and weed he couldn't tie his shoes, but if he was stoned he could keep those things singing and he was the only one in the building that could.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Kinda reminds me of a guy I used to work with, yes this guy did work. ha!

But when I started working part time in a machine shop when I was in high school this was the guy that ran the multi-spindle screw machines. These were Swiss designed and pretty complicated ancient WW2 surplus machines and very finicky because they were basically worn out. This guy was stoned 98% of his waking moments. When he was out of money and weed he couldn't tie his shoes, but if he was stoned he could keep those things singing and he was the only one in the building that could.

When I first got into residential framing I had a guy that was an awesome teacher and really showed me the ropes and the way around a hammer and set of plans!! BUT!! I could not stand to be around him if he was not stoned!! Dude was a full blown nut job with out the weed to even the keel!! 2 or 3 times a day I would have to tell him to go to his truck and fix his attitude lol!!

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So people will automatically now have sufficient self control, instead of the lack of self control that lead to the current laws?

I'm pretty sure those folks without any self control aren't limited by any law (or lack thereof) now. I know it certainly didn't stop Jeff from wheeling, dealing and toking away day in and day out.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So people will automatically now have sufficient self control, instead of the lack of self control that lead to the current laws?
It would surprise most of you if you researched exactly why Hemp and Cannabis were made illegal back in the 30s I think it was.
Has nothing to do with drugs.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
THE HEMP CONSPIRACY: WHY U.S. HEMP FARMING WAS BANNED
June 27, 2012

For thousands of years industrial hemp was a common staple. It fed us, clothed us, housed us, sailed our ships with hemp rope and sails, it was part of our livelihood.

Then, in the early 1900s, it was banned and pushed aside.

Why? Why did this wonderful, useful plant get labeled with a criminal stamp?

Around the turn of the 20th century companies like DuPont created chemicals that were used in processing of paper; DuPont also created chemicals used for pesticides, herbicides and fertilizers, which were used extensively by the cotton industry (cotton is MUCH more chemical and water intensive compared to hemp). While this was going on, William Randolph Hearst invested in timber and mills to produce the paper for his newspaper, which was the largest chain in the U.S. at the time. His investments in the timber industry were backed by Mellon Bank.

The U.S. Secretary of the Treasury at that time was Andrew Mellon, who happened to own Mellon Bank (and was one of the backers for DuPont as well). Mellon’s niece was married to Harry Anslinger who, incidentally, was connected to the alcohol prohibition campaign. He was out of a job (as were everyone else in that sector of the federal government) after the alcohol prohibition ended. To keep his family employed, Mellon created a new division of the federal government, the Bureau of Narcotics, and made Harry Anslinger the new head of that program.

labeled it as a narcotic.

Hearst’s newspapers spread the slander and propogated stories about the ‘evil marijuana’ and of people committing rapes and murder while ‘under the influence’ of marijuana. This, of course, had the papers selling like wildfire, but they failed to mention the everyday uses of the hemp (rope, fuel, textiles, food).

After the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act was passed, Harry Anslinger ordered the hemp prohibition, using the excuse that his agents wouldn’t be able to tell the difference between hemp and marijuana, and that the farming of hemp made it too difficult to enforce the marijuana prohibition.

In 1942 the hemp prohibition was put on hold to allow farmers to grow hemp to provide the needed fibers to aid in the war effort. After the war, when the hemp was no longer needed, the Air Force and Marines were ordered to destroy all remaining hemp crops.

To this day, the ‘war on hemp’ is still in full force. However, more people are learning about the vast benefits of hemp – for food, medicinal purposes, textiles, fuel, and tens of thousands of other uses.

It’s time to let nature’s perfect plant flourish again. No more dependence on foreign oil; a return to natural, plant-based remedies for illnesses and diseases; no more petroleum based plastics; less dependency on chemicals that are harming our environment and health.

NOW is the time for HEMP to return.

http://www.wakingtimes.com/2012/06/27/the-hemp-conspiracy-why-u-s-hemp-farming-was-banned/

Latest posts

Top Bottom