Constitutional carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The news banner at the bottom of the screen on channel 9 during the CBS This Morning Show said this:

“Oklahoma could become the 14th state to not require a license to carry a handgun if a bill is signed into law. The bill would allow anyone over 21-years-old without a felony conviction to carry without a permit”

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Channel 9 news this morning also reported that it would do away with background checks. I know what that means but the way it was reported sounded like "doing away with background checks" means something else.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Channel 9 news this morning also reported that it would do away with background checks. I know what that means but the way it was reported sounded like "doing away with background checks" means something else.

Gotta love the ambiguous wording to get people’s opinions to sway in one direction or another. It certainly wouldn’t do away with background checks for purchases, and anyone who’s ever purchased a firearm would know that. So the question is, how many Oklahomans who have never purchased a firearm can they trick with their intentionally misleading turns of phrase?

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The lead in to the report called it "crazy" talk!! No reporting of facts for or against, just throw out some catchy words and see what we can get to stick.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This reply just received from Sen. Dugger’s office:
“SB 1212 ... lacks appropriate safety training and tries to override the rights of property
owners to determine their own rules. He will be voting against the
measure.”
Sounds as if he may have been influenced by the ORA and the State Chamber of Commerce (purely guessing).

Safety? No other state is having a problem. Seriously, how much safer are people after SDA training?

Property rights? I would need to know what the specific objections are.

But just to invoke the magic terms, safety and property rights, does not move me.

I am interested to learn what others are hearing back from their representatives today or yesterday

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At a guess, I'm thinking he's trying to present the impression that it would take away property owners' right to forbid carry on their property.

Complete and utter hogwash, of course, but we know the other side isn't above...creative interpretation when it suits the purpose.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It won't make any difference at all to Oklahoma citizens, those that can carry are hit and miss carry and the thugs carry already so it's no big deal except a person wouldn't have to renew his carry license every 5-10 years. That's my opinion and not necessarily the opinion of the wife.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This reply just received from Sen. Dugger’s office:
“SB 1212 ... lacks appropriate safety training and tries to override the rights of property
owners to determine their own rules. He will be voting against the
measure.”
Sounds as if he may have been influenced by the ORA and the State Chamber of Commerce (purely guessing).
Don’t know about the CofC, but I do know that ORA was against the first attempt at OC, and they are also against this bill. We have had a couple of our members at the Ponca Gun Club refuse to renew their membership in the ORA because of it.
I dumped them after the first time.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lacks safety training?! The course I went through basically said don't put finger on trigger and don't point at anything unless you want to shoot it. I didn't realize there was much safety training in the handgun course.
They also check to see if you muzzle sweep anyone during the range session.....if you do not and can master the skill of hitting the target from 8-12 feet then you are fully qualified!

Latest posts

Top Bottom