Controlled Hunt Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Aserioushunter

Do you know what area? I went all over B with the driver. Most bulls were hanging in small draws in wide open grassland.
Saw several 6x6's and a nice 7x8.

I'm probably less thrilled about that then she is. She would rather have me the in the field, but she said she is fine on her own (she'll probably hunt 10" from the road the whole time lol)
But she does hunt by herself at times. She went up to Kansas turkey hunting this year while I was in Texas.
But like I said, I'm kind of "iffy" on it.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you know what area? I went all over B with the driver. Most bulls were hanging in small draws in wide open grassland.
Saw several 6x6's and a nice 7x8.

You may be able to call before the hunt to find out. Otherwise, you are given your area on the day of the orientation. Area B can be deceiving. It is the Public use area and is generally only hunted every other hunt. It is usually a bang up unit for cows. Area H is without any question the best unit for a bull hunter. For whatever reason, that is where the largest part of the bulls winter.

However, this is not to say that there are not great bulls all over the refuge. I have seen excellent bulls in all of the units out there.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Got drawed for MCALLISTER, hominy, Oct 26.

Ive hunted deer creek twice before. Had several chances, drew blood once and had bad shakes on 3 big bucks.

Going to start practicing in the morning.

BJS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Corbinlee,

My buddy and I hunted McGee Creek last year during the muzzleloader hunt. Very nice place. I missed a shot at a doe. Saw 2 bucks (1 small and 1 out of range) and several does. Good luck!

BJS

HUNT NUMBER: 3201 HUNT DATE(S): Nov. 3-4, 2012
HUNT AREA: McGee Creek Wildlife Management Area

My dad and i have been drawn for this one. Hopefully the rut is in full swing by then or at least started up.

Anyone ever hunt this area before??

mrgecko

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We made out like bandits at my house! I drew a turkey hunt at little river NWR, my three boys all drew Deep Fork NWR muzzle loader deer and my daughter drew Rifle deer at Atoka WMA.

I live in the OKC Metro and would be interested in carpooling for the Turkey hunt at Little River next spring if anyone else drew that one and lives in this area or on my way. Congrats to all who were drawn!

mrgecko

Latest posts

Top Bottom